Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O is alcohol a requirement for a wedding reception?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would alcohol or the lack of alcohol being the deciding factor on if you would attend a wedding/reception?

Options:

Yes alcohol would def be my deciding factor

No I don't care one way or another

Monkey butts!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 142

View Results

There was a discussion in another post of mine regarding alcohol at wedding receptions so I thought I'd start a new post and gets y'all's opinion.

Would you base your decision to attend a wedding/reception based solely on if there will be alcohol or not?
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I would attend a wedding reception without alcohol, no problem. But, depending on whose wedding it was, there would be a good chance I wouldn't go if there was alcohol there. I don't have anything against people drinking, but I don't drink, and unless I'm drunk, I can't stand being around other people who are. They usually act too stupid, lol.

cmabbott
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM
If alcohol is offered it should be paid for by the host. It wouldn't be a deciding factor though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I don't drink, so I wouldn't let that decide whether or not I attend.  However, if lots of people are getting sloppy drunk I will leave.  Drunks are annoying when you're not drinking too!

Armymom134
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM
3 moms liked this

You don't need alcohol to have a good time and if you do, then you have a problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM
There won't be any at mine.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I wish I could like your post 1000 times.

Quoting Armymom134:

You don't need alcohol to have a good time and if you do, then you have a problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tyrneathem
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I wouldn't necessarily make that the deciding factor, but most of my family's functions require some level of alcohol for me to be able to tolerate them beyond dinner. At least then I have the liquid courage necessary to speak up when they're being a-holes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Any wedding I go to lmao!
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Well, you know my answer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I wouldn't base my ATTENDANCE on it, but it would either make me look forward to it, or DREAD it.

I don't even drink much, but a champagne toast, or glass of wine might be a nice option. And you don't even have to do an open bar, a cash bar is fine - just to have the option.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured