Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O is alcohol a requirement for a wedding reception?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would alcohol or the lack of alcohol being the deciding factor on if you would attend a wedding/reception?

Options:

Yes alcohol would def be my deciding factor

No I don't care one way or another

Monkey butts!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 142

View Results

There was a discussion in another post of mine regarding alcohol at wedding receptions so I thought I'd start a new post and gets y'all's opinion.

Would you base your decision to attend a wedding/reception based solely on if there will be alcohol or not?
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM

no I wouldn't base my decision off of that. but in my family we have alcohol at family get together type things lol... if people dont want to drink they dont have too. So no I wouldn't base my decision off of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Boozeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM
No. I go there to celebrate the new marriage. Open bar is a huge bonus and may factor in a better wedding gift though.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
You're the only one so far that has brought up the price of gifts so ill address your response.

We are having a simple low key reception and IF we do a registry it will be for fairly cheap things, as in most will be 25 bucks or under. We live together and have almost everything we need. He wants a rice cooker and I want a stand mixer and the rest are small things we could use like a decent can opener and a better colander and spatulas and such. Nothing terribly expensive.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I wouldn't not go if there wasn't any, but i would be slightly annoyed. I should be allowed to at least purchase a drink. I don't bring my son to weddings. It's a night out for me. If I am spending $300 on a gift. I should be able to have a drink of my choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armymom134
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Quoting Roxygurl:

I wish I could like your post 1000 times.

Quoting Armymom134:

You don't need alcohol to have a good time and if you do, then you have a problem.

:)  Thanks

Firenygirl180
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I know a few people who have had dry receptions because of local laws or regulations. Someone had their reception at a camp so there was no alcohol and you couldn't bring your own.
I think the option should be there, but if the couple can't afford it they don't have to have an open bar.
When df and i get married we are having our reception in our yard. We will just go to the liquor store and buy a bunch of basic stuff and mixers and tell people if they want something specific to bring it themselves. We will have a friend bartend and that's good enough
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I know a couple that don't drink at all, groom's father died from alcoholism, so I was fine with them not having alcohol at their wedding. Besides, if you can't enjoy a party with out alcohol, you have problem. 

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

No I don't go for the alcohol or food.I go to celebrate a very special moment in the lives of the people I know and love.

beerabitch69
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

YES!  what?? no booze?  ;)

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM

It depends on who the bride and groom are. Close friends or family members, I'm attending regardless. Acquaintances, there'd better be booze.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)