Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O is alcohol a requirement for a wedding reception?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would alcohol or the lack of alcohol being the deciding factor on if you would attend a wedding/reception?

Options:

Yes alcohol would def be my deciding factor

No I don't care one way or another

Monkey butts!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 142

View Results

There was a discussion in another post of mine regarding alcohol at wedding receptions so I thought I'd start a new post and gets y'all's opinion.

Would you base your decision to attend a wedding/reception based solely on if there will be alcohol or not?
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (71-80):
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Nope. Sometimes alcohol is a bad idea.
Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM
We don't give gifts here, we give cash.

Quoting Roxygurl:

You're the only one so far that has brought up the price of gifts so ill address your response.

We are having a simple low key reception and IF we do a registry it will be for fairly cheap things, as in most will be 25 bucks or under. We live together and have almost everything we need. He wants a rice cooker and I want a stand mixer and the rest are small things we could use like a decent can opener and a better colander and spatulas and such. Nothing terribly expensive.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I wouldn't not go if there wasn't any, but i would be slightly annoyed. I should be allowed to at least purchase a drink. I don't bring my son to weddings. It's a night out for me. If I am spending $300 on a gift. I should be able to have a drink of my choice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM
My aunt didnt have alcohol at hers bc her dad is a recovering alcoholic and no one had an issue. So no I don't think it's a big deal if there's no alcohol.
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM

as an alcohol free family, if there was alcohol, i would have to let who's ever wedding it was know of my intolerance's and make sure i wasn't going to get sick from any foods cooked with wine or champagne, and also know for the toast, i could have something like apple juice or a soda.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I'll be honest. I hate weddings. I go for the booze.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That is not the deciding factor of whether or not I attend, but I will say that every 'dry' wedding I've been to is over by 9pm. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is. Just sayin' :)

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Honestly I don't really care. I really don't drink so I wouldn't care if there was none.

TTC2Long
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I didn't vote. I would go, but I would be annoyed unless it was a small, budget wedding, maybe midday, you know? But an evening party reception with dancing, etc. should have drinks, even if it's beer and wine and/or cash bar.
gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM

It is for a fun one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Yes, if I knew you were serving alcohol at your reception, I would not attend. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured