Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O is alcohol a requirement for a wedding reception?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would alcohol or the lack of alcohol being the deciding factor on if you would attend a wedding/reception?

Options:

Yes alcohol would def be my deciding factor

No I don't care one way or another

Monkey butts!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 142

View Results

There was a discussion in another post of mine regarding alcohol at wedding receptions so I thought I'd start a new post and gets y'all's opinion.

Would you base your decision to attend a wedding/reception based solely on if there will be alcohol or not?
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (81-90):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Same here.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll be honest. I hate weddings. I go for the booze.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hapsand123
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Ya know, It would if I didnt know the person that well. If it were my close friend or close family then not at all. But then I know they would have it anyway lol. For me personally, It helps me relax and loosin up and then I have a great time, instead of me worrying about my dress or how I look dancing. 

harehelper
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM

We had ours in a church, a condition of having it there (for free, BTW) was that we not bring in alcohol.

Quoting opal10161973:

So, they can't bring ther own and keep it in the car?  I mean if you're going to be that bad as to not attend over it, why not bring your own?

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Alcohol wouldn't be a deciding factor for me either way. I don't drink and neither does my husband. My dad was an alcoholic and so was his dad and his brother(they all 3 died from things related to their years of living off whisky). My egg donor is an alcoholic and so were both of her parents(my parents actually met in AA...go figure lol. Worked for my dad but not my egg donor). My siblings and I broke that mold. We don't drink and alcohol is never severed at our family functions. For us it's just not worth it. My hubby has never been a drinker. He lost a good friend in high to a drunk driving accident and since drinking has never really appealed to him. 

We got married at the JP and had a party a few days later. There was no alcohol and we all had a great time. There was no alcohol at my son's wedding either. But I wouldn't not go to a wedding just because they were serving alcohol either.

I think it would be really immature to not to go to a wedding because there won't be alcohol. If you need alcohol to have a good time, you might have a problem. 

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Quoting sjenkins8208:

It would be annoying, but I would bring my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harehelper
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would it matter? Weddings are about celebrating the couple getting married, not for getting plastered.  BTW, if you have to have alcohol to "have fun" at any event, you may have a problem....

tarakay0417
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I don't drink so it wouldn't matter to me.
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I would attend a dry wedding but I probably wouldn't be there for long honestly.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
You really can't go without alcohol for a couple hours? I've never gone to a wedding with more than a champagne toast and they are always nice. No drunk shit heads running around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I would still go, but honestly, I like free liquor. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN