Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long do you think your tax refund money is going to last ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM
It'll be gone the day we get it but we will also be debt free except for our house so it's worth it. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-_-
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Until it doesn't. *shrug*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Only as long as it takes to pay some bills up.
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on your thooughts on "lasting". What we are spending it on will make it last longer to me.
I filied this am and we are getting just over $8900.
$600 of that is going to myh grandfather who helped us purchase some very nice all weather tires, where normally we would have gotten what ever walmart had on deal. Those tires will last so to me that is $600 well spent.
$3k is going to pay off my car that we put half on in june. We will save on intrest and that. $140 payment will go in to savings monthly.
About $700 is going to 1/2 a side of beef and $100 towards a deepfreezer. Not sure yet the cost savings but it should be quite a bit as that will last us almost a full year. The deep freeze I see as an investment.
Then the cost of seeds and supplies for our container garden which again will bring us more in the way of saving on produce.

That leaves us with ~$4k that is going into savings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Hopefully until tax time next year, if not a little longer. We got 5K. Some will go straight to medical bills, some will go into savings.

Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Quoting kzuehlk:

I plan on ours going straight to savings. We are completely debt free as of January..paid off our mortgage and car loan and don't have much for other bills. SO and I will both be getting a little something selfish for ourselves, but the rest is being put away.

Good for you guys!!
Trixi.VonLace
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Not long lol! Were paying off the cc debt from when Dh was out of work, get the kids some new clothes and shoes for next school year (usually get great deals with the tax return sales everyone has LOL) and whatever is left, probably not much, will go into savings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Not long. We are purcchasing a house.. In cash, so atleast we wont have a morg.
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM
About 30 mins. We have to get a new crossmember for our car, and bushings, etc that go with that. Then the concrete for our driveway- which we were told it was the only way we'd get a city permit (thanks Zoning office!), and lumber to replace our deck. We were going to do new insulation and drywall, but the driveway cost tripled what we initially thought, so we're doing the deck!
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Most of it will be gone within a week. But, the part we set aside for savings will probably be there until midsummer, since we have some renovations that need done this summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)