Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long do you think your tax refund money is going to last ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
TheLooneyBinMum
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Until its gone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM

a what?    I can count on 1 hand the number of times I got one with fingers left over.

Pretty happy about that -  my hope is that what we have to pay doesn't go up from last year.   We usually get it pretty close.

Why in the world would you give the government an interest free loan on YOUR money????

Tyrneathem
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Half of it should last until my son's 16th or 18th birthday. We always put half our retrn in his savings account. About $500 will go toward an Xbox, so that will last maybe a day or two. The rest is divied up between my husband and I for "fun money" and at least a small portion of that should last through most of the year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Half is goin to savings half is going to my wedding
KRYSTALK1013
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM

As long as it takes for the checks to clear. I'm paying off my medical bills and student loan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I'm not sure. Its going straight into savings, hopefully we won't have to touch it at all for a while!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Well,1400 is going to a bill and the rest into savings... So, it should last.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM
not long. we are fixing our van and paying off a second vehicle. its saving us money in the end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM

not very long unfortunately. we are getting a lot back. but we owe the IRS/VA cuz of an overpayment when my husband was using his GI bill last year. plus my sister is getting married in may out of state and its gonna cost us quite a bit to go. ugh so I doubt by summer we will have much left. it pretty much spent already and we haven't even received it yet.

kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Part of it will last quite awhile, it's going into savings. Part will disappear quickly as I am paying off the small balance left on dh's student loan and a new set of knives. My poor knives have just had it... lol

We actually just spent the last bit of last year's return a couple months ago when my glasses were broken and I had to get contacts before my insurance would cover another year. Poop. lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN