Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What mother would prepare their daughter for a fight at a school???

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 133 Replies
1 mom liked this
My daughter's ex best friend's mother made sure her daughter was all prepared to fight my daughter this morning. She made sure her daughter had her hair pulled up in a bun & made sure she didn't have her earrings on. Once my daughter got to school, the girl scratched my daughter in the face. So my daughter punched her right in the face to defend herself. They both ended up with 5 days suspension. I was infuriated to learn that the mother set this up. She took a day off from work knowing she would have to pick her daughter up. This bullshit stemmed from last night's drama. I've always taught my girls to stand up for themselves. Don't hit till they hit you... what would you have told your kids if they find themselves in this situation? My daughter didn't expect a fight before school started. Poor thing face is all scratched up=(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
This comes across like you're just mad you didn't think of it first...her daughter was prepared and mine wasn't. Sloppy.
living4truth
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Wow idk what happened last night?
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM
No more like why are the drama still going on???

Quoting Anonymous:

This comes across like you're just mad you didn't think of it first...her daughter was prepared and mine wasn't. Sloppy.

lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM
My dd is only 5 so for right now I think telling her to seek an adult in case of a problem is proper. When she is older i hope she does the same but if she must defend herself then so be it, however a parent purposely setting up their child for a fight is disgusting. I want my dd to know that the same way she is precious to me, other kids are precious to their parents. How could she do that? Ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Aw, at least she won right?
SillySally83
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM
6 moms liked this

If some girl tells my daughter she's going to beat her ass, yes, I will prep my child to defend herself. If that's not the case then no, I'm not going to encourage my child to start a fight lol.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes fights are gonna happen. I'd rather be prepared than not. IMO bullying is so bad nowadays because too many kids lay down and take it rather than standing up for themselves.
die4u
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I was always told by my dad if your gonna hit somone you knock there asses out! I never did though, i'm a lover. but i've talked to my lo about fighting and told her to defend her self but to never pick a fight!

Doodlesrevenge
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM

bump

Doodlesrevenge
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I was kindof thinking to myself that it seems like your DD won even with the other mom get her DD ready for the fight.  I thought it was funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)