Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What mother would prepare their daughter for a fight at a school???

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter's ex best friend's mother made sure her daughter was all prepared to fight my daughter this morning. She made sure her daughter had her hair pulled up in a bun & made sure she didn't have her earrings on. Once my daughter got to school, the girl scratched my daughter in the face. So my daughter punched her right in the face to defend herself. They both ended up with 5 days suspension. I was infuriated to learn that the mother set this up. She took a day off from work knowing she would have to pick her daughter up. This bullshit stemmed from last night's drama. I've always taught my girls to stand up for themselves. Don't hit till they hit you... what would you have told your kids if they find themselves in this situation? My daughter didn't expect a fight before school started. Poor thing face is all scratched up=(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Replies (131-133):
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Thank you!!! I was wondering where am I borderline on Ebonics? Why do some people assume I live in a ghetto because of this? Some people are so narrow minded.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kgsharber:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kgsharber:

You live in the ghetto huh?

LMAO. Why would you assume that? Do you live under a rock? Fights can happen ANYWHERE ;)

I live in the real world and fully grasp the fact that fights happen "anywhere", however reading her grammar (not that its right or wrong, but it is border-line Ebonics) adding the fact that she is almost boastful that her daughter punched the other girl in the face, and that these are girls who are fighting at this school ALL lead me to guess that she is in the ghetto.

At my children's schools girls getting in physical altercations is practically unheard of. It is so unbecoming.

People use physical force when they no longer have the capability to use words to express their thoughts or to show their standing in the pecking order. Both of which are common in the "ghetto".

If my Dd was attacked I would be proud of her for punching the person and defending herself. I'm not trashy and I'm not ghetto. I haven't really read through to see her posts where she is speaking Ebonics. 

deepthinker
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting Bluescorpia:

I wasn't aware there was drama till my SO got a phone call from the older sister. So yes this is when I will get involved when someone is threatening us.

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting Bluescorpia:

The older sister was the one that got involved. She was the one that called my SO swearing & talking about beating our asses. That's why I went straight to the mother. Things went well with that but the older sister wouldn't let it go...

Quoting deepthinker:

Maybe ALL of you grown ass women need to get out of children's disagreements.  If they were firends since they were 7, they probably would have made up again in a few days.  But all of you acting an ass and making a big deal about, just encouraged the situation.  Y'all grown ass out their fighting and acting like kids, so of course they prepped the girl to fight.  If the adults can't handle the situation without violence, how the hell do you expect the kids to act.

Quoting Bluescorpia:

The girls had a fight because of different friends that tried to sabotage their friendship. Things got posted on FB. I approached the mother about this & she had her daughter take it down. Then I asked that the girls talk on Sunday to squash this since they were best friends since they were 7. Well the older sister who is 21 got involved. Things went smoothly at 1st till she crossed the line by yelling at my daughter. I told her you don't yell at her. She then told her sister to fight my daughter. That's when things got heated. The older sister got in my face & pushed her face into mine face. So I grabbed her by the throat to push her back. She punched me in the face so I had to end it by punching her in the face 3x. The cops came & told me I did what I had to do. The older sister wanted me arrested but she would have to be arrested as well. So she said never mind. Now they prep the girl today to try to kick my daughter butt at school.

Like I said, you all sound immature and violent, so expecting the kids to have more maturity then you is a like wishing on a star.   You shouldn't haven't gotten involved with two girls arguing on facebook that have always been friends.  Like I said, they would have probably been back friends in a couple of days.  have you never had a disagreement with a friend growing up? Adults need to stay out of their children's battles, and let them learn to solve their own problems.  

It's still sounds like NONE OF YOU, know how to act.  If the older daughter (who is 21) was threatening you...why did you go over there to begin with.  Why didn't you call the cops then...  it's sounds like you all were trying to prove how big and bad you were, and the girls on both sides are the ones being punished for it.  Like I said, you are all immature, and violent.

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Ok that's your opinion. Thank you.

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting Bluescorpia:

I wasn't aware there was drama till my SO got a phone call from the older sister. So yes this is when I will get involved when someone is threatening us.

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting Bluescorpia:

The older sister was the one that got involved. She was the one that called my SO swearing & talking about beating our asses. That's why I went straight to the mother. Things went well with that but the older sister wouldn't let it go...

Quoting deepthinker:

Maybe ALL of you grown ass women need to get out of children's disagreements.  If they were firends since they were 7, they probably would have made up again in a few days.  But all of you acting an ass and making a big deal about, just encouraged the situation.  Y'all grown ass out their fighting and acting like kids, so of course they prepped the girl to fight.  If the adults can't handle the situation without violence, how the hell do you expect the kids to act.

Quoting Bluescorpia:

The girls had a fight because of different friends that tried to sabotage their friendship. Things got posted on FB. I approached the mother about this & she had her daughter take it down. Then I asked that the girls talk on Sunday to squash this since they were best friends since they were 7. Well the older sister who is 21 got involved. Things went smoothly at 1st till she crossed the line by yelling at my daughter. I told her you don't yell at her. She then told her sister to fight my daughter. That's when things got heated. The older sister got in my face & pushed her face into mine face. So I grabbed her by the throat to push her back. She punched me in the face so I had to end it by punching her in the face 3x. The cops came & told me I did what I had to do. The older sister wanted me arrested but she would have to be arrested as well. So she said never mind. Now they prep the girl today to try to kick my daughter butt at school.

Like I said, you all sound immature and violent, so expecting the kids to have more maturity then you is a like wishing on a star.   You shouldn't haven't gotten involved with two girls arguing on facebook that have always been friends.  Like I said, they would have probably been back friends in a couple of days.  have you never had a disagreement with a friend growing up? Adults need to stay out of their children's battles, and let them learn to solve their own problems.  

It's still sounds like NONE OF YOU, know how to act.  If the older daughter (who is 21) was threatening you...why did you go over there to begin with.  Why didn't you call the cops then...  it's sounds like you all were trying to prove how big and bad you were, and the girls on both sides are the ones being punished for it.  Like I said, you ar eall immature, and violent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)