Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In your opinion, how long was I in labor? LONG

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 1 Replies
I never know how to answer when someone asks how long I was in labor with dd2. I was 40 weeks 1 day with dd when I started having decent contractions about mid afternoon. They were slightly uncomfortable and lasting about a minute each. The first "series" were about 7 minutes apart for about half an hour. They tapered off and stopped pretty quickly. A couple of hours later series 2started. They were about 10 minutes apart for about an hour and again tapered off. A couple hours later I had several that were 12 minutes apart and once again they stopped. At about 9:30 I started having them 6 minutes apart. At this point I figured it was never going to turn into true labor lol. I took a bath hoping to relax and I told dh to go to sleep. About an 45 minutes later they started spacing out again. They were about 10 minutes apart when I decided to give up and go to bed. Five minutes later my water broke! 2hours after that my little girl was born at 1:37 am. So....how long do you think I was in labor for?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I count from the onset of contractions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)