Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like the worst mom ever!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I'm a sahm to my 4yo ds. I also have a 6yo dd in school. Well, I got up and took her to school at 7:10 as always (I wake him up and he comes too). When we got home we ate breakfast and he asked me if I'd snuggle him and watch Tinkerbell (his favorite movie). I never deny him snuggling, so of course I said yes and we snuggled up on the couch to watch the movie. I was super tired because I got to bed way too late last night (insomnia). I felt myself dozing off, but didn't think much of it since he was watching the movie anyway. I'm usually a very light sleeper, so I figured if I fell asleep I'd wake up the second the movie was over and he got up. Well, next thing I know he's waking me up saying "mommy, will you please make me a snack?". It's 10:30!! The movie's been over for an hour and a half and he's been entertaining himself all morning while I slept. I felt awful!! I got up and made him a snack and played with him until lunch time, but I can't stop thinking "what if something happened to him while I was sleeping?". Thankfully he's very mature and independent, but it doesn't make me feel any less guilty :(
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Bump
macilah
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Iv done this before and know exactly how the guilt trip feels....he doesnt really care though and isnt affected by it just be happy your raising a really good boy who knows when mommy is napping to stay out of touble....but yeah try really hard not to let it happen again i have insomnia also so it hard when your still so sleepy...the last thing you want is to fall asleep with a curious child walking around getting into things
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM

it hapens, atleast he is smart enough to wake you when he needs something :O)

tossed
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM

You are human. Cut yourself some slack. Tell him that he should wak you up when he wakes up next time....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Thanks. I'm very proud of him. He told me he fought Cyclops's while I slept lol!! After the way I feel right now I'm sure it'll never happen again.

Quoting macilah:

Iv done this before and know exactly how the guilt trip feels....he doesnt really care though and isnt affected by it just be happy your raising a really good boy who knows when mommy is napping to stay out of touble....but yeah try really hard not to let it happen again i have insomnia also so it hard when your still so sleepy...the last thing you want is to fall asleep with a curious child walking around getting into things
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I've done that to my kids before as well. It's not the end of the world really. At least he's a good kid and doesn't trash the place! My girls knew I was sick a few weeks back and were in the living room and watched tv. I got them breakfast, went back to bed until lunch time. I'm thankful that they're good kids and allow me to rest when I'm sick! My kids are 2 1/2 and almost 4.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

it happens. He didn't burn the house down or make a mess attempting to make his own snack lol. Just go do an activity with him and reward him for being a good boy while mama got some shut eye. 

Paranoai
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM

i know the feeling. I did that once. Now my son is 6 and knows to wake me if he wants something. It happens, dont feel bad. Good thing nothing bad happened.

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I've done this before but i wasn't worried because i wake up every 15 minutes or so and i would look tosee what dd was doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kkps725
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Lol I think that just makes you human, not a bad mom.
A bad mom would say "I'm tired don't bug me!" and go in her room and close the door..
I think you did just fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN