Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hold your own bottle! edit

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 107 Replies

DD will be 6 months on the 21st and I'm ready for her to hold her own bottle. She's attempted a couple of times and when I think she's got it and I let go so does she lol. I bought her a sippy cup that's made for infants 3 months and older but she hasn't grasped the concept of tipping her head and cup back to drink. Some days I do get tired of holding her bottle for her but I know it's something can't I rush.

How old was your LO when they started holding their own bottles?

ETA: After reading a lot of your post I do understand that I need to cherish the bonding and cuddeling that comes with bottle feeding my daughter. I know that children grow up fast I mean goodness last time I checked I was bringing my baby girl home now she's about to be 6 months. Yes, I cherish the moments and I'm sure I'm gonna miss them when she's older.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

each child was different - my youngest child was the quickest to take it from me --- she was like 5 months 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM
My youngest ds was holding his bottle at 4 months. Sippy cup at 6.
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM
My daughter would not take her bottle if I was holding it by 4 months or so... my son was about the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SAnders224
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Mine was about six months, sometimes she still drops it or I help her at the end when she doesn't want to hold it anymore. She Is 7 months now
Princesitamoni
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM
My baby took it at 5 months but thats because we started her trying to grab her own bottle at 4 months lol.
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM
My oldest was 5 months. My middle was around 7 months. We aren't there yet with my 3rd. Just give it time. She will when she's ready. I always missed that cuddle time after my kids figured it out because they started to become more independent in other ways too.
DarksMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Mine was about 9 months. Stubborn child.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM
3 moms liked this

My bottle fed babies never held a bottle. I wouldn't allow it. They could hold their cup, but the bottle was in my hand and they had to be in my arms to eat from it. So much easier to get them to a cup.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Enjoy it while it lasts. Stop rushing! They grow up too quickly. My first daughter was like 5 months, 2nd was around 7.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM
6 moms liked this
My baby has been holding on to my breast since 2 months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)