Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unexpected things you learn/realize after becoming a mom

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 29 Replies

We all know the usual ones people say. You don't realize how much you could love another person until you have a baby. You learn how to interpret different cries when you become a mom etc..

What are some unexpected ones?

For example, I never realized that twinkle twinkle little star, the alphabet song, and baa baa black sheep all have the same tune until I became a mom.

And I learned how to pick up stuff with my toes after becoming a mom (So I could get stuff off the ground while holding a baby)

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

If you reprove someone, you yourself get carried away by anger and you are satisfying your own passion; do not lose yourself, therefore, in order to save another

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I didn't realize that I don't like being a SAHM as much as I thought I would until I actually was one.

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM
4 moms liked this
That toilet seat locks are not to keep toddlers from drowning themselves but to keep them from throwing random things in the toilet. Like mommys cell phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM
3 moms liked this
That after being pooped on a million times, pulling the food bits left from dishes out of the kitchen sink isn't as disgusting as it was when you were a teen
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by Anne on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM

That in the beginning you wont get to eat a hot meal

SillySally83
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this

lol That it is possible to cook a meal, load the dishwasher and nurse a baby at the same time. 

AlekD
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM

LOL. Yeah, my tolerance of grossness has gone up dramatically since having a baby.

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

That after being pooped on a million times, pulling the food bits left from dishes out of the kitchen sink isn't as disgusting as it was when you were a teen

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

If you reprove someone, you yourself get carried away by anger and you are satisfying your own passion; do not lose yourself, therefore, in order to save another

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM
2 moms liked this
No one told me NOT to look at my vagina 3 months before delivery and 2 months after! It's sad down there just don't do it
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I learned just how much I can manage to do at one time. How much patience I am capable of having.

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this
That I can live on 2 hours of sleep for years and not one plate of food I ever just mine.
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I learned that you CAN survive with very little to no sleep. I thought my insomnia in high school was bad. And then I ha kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN