Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am SO pissed right now!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
So it is 20° maybe right now and my gas just got shut off! My gas is in my landlords name, he sends me his own bill and i add that amount to my rent on the first. I pay him EVERY month by the 10th as per our agreement.

Well apparently he hasn't been paying the bill. I am sitting here doing my homework when this chick bangs on the door none to nicely, my dog goes apes and i answer it. She us holding a yellow notice that says my gas is getting shut off. She tells me i need to pay 350 dollars right then or i was getting cut off. I dont have 350 freaking dollars because guess what i just dropped off my money order for rent! I cant get help from anyone because the bill isnt in my name and neither my land lord or his wife are answering their phones. Its 35° in my house and slowly getting colder. I have no way to cook (gas stove and microwave broke) no heat and no money till Thursday

I am super pissed right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HerLadyGrey
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Isn't there a cold weather law in your state?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Call your local health dept and contact the news. Make a lot of noise and you should get some action from your landlord rather quickly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM
That sucks.
Diamepphyre
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM

This.  Also contact a landlord tenant attorney and ask him if your landlord's actions qualify as conversion and/or fraud.  If you are not his only tenant who is doing this kind of thing and you know his other tenants, find out if the same kind of thing has happened to them, and bring them in on making a lot of noise about it too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call your local health dept and contact the news. Make a lot of noise and you should get some action from your landlord rather quickly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Call the consumer reporter to your local news station. They live for this kind of story. My neighbors landlord cut off their heat with a 2 month old in the house and the consumer reporter was able to not only have the heat turned back on but the landlord ended getting in some real trouble. GL Like the reply...GIRL YOU GOTTA MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
If you pay him and can prove it then go stay in a hotel until its back on and then demand he pick up the bill. If he refuses take him to small claims for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Yes but it only protects the elderly. They can shut off everyone else.

Quoting HerLadyGrey:

HerLadyGrey
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Doesn't it protect people with children too?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes but it only protects the elderly. They can shut off everyone else.

Quoting HerLadyGrey:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Normally i would, but my,landlord is a family member...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM

You're screwed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Normally i would, but my,landlord is a family member...

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured