Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it time to kick my mom out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

So my mom moved in with us almost a year ago. she lost her place and didnt have anywhere to go. It was suppose to be a short term thing. 10months later she is still here. We did not charge her or ask her to pitch in for the first 6 months. she did not have a job. but would get money from other people so she could buy herself smokes and alcohol. then she got a job for about 2 months and was paying a third. She was fired 4 months ago and hasn't givin us 5 bucks sense. I dont work but my dh does and he doesn't make much. we have 2 kids and one on the way and live in a 2 bedroom apt. not only is there not room but we are not financially able to help her anymore. My dh wants to kick her out like 6 months ago. i keep telling her she has to figure something out soon but nothing has happened. me and my dh fight all the time about her. i dont have the heart to kick her out but my dh says she has to figure things out for herself and stop free loading off of us. if u need more detailes about her just ask. i didnt want to make this super long cuz i could go on and on about her.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM
You need to do something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taynhannahsmom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I would tell her nicely it is time to move on. If helping your mom is making things hard between you and your dh, time to tell her the truth. You can't help someone if you are not able to help yourselves. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I dont know what to do is why im posting this. ive told her when she moved in that this was very temporary and i have been asking her what she is goin to do, where she is planing to go all the time. she has not worked in years besides that 2 months. so if it isnt handed to her she doenst know what to do. i feel bad but i cant take care of her i have my own family to take care of now. 

Quoting catrig:

LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM

thats a bad situations. You in between because it's your mom and you probably dont wanna hurt her but you also dont wanna fight with you husband! And in this situations I say you and your family comes first. You have 3 kids and there's no space for her. I can also see how that can get pretty annoying. And if she get money for smokes and alcohol but nothing to help you guys out - she would have been gone a long time ago, if it was me. Can no other family member take her in? Or a friend of hers? I guess its hard because I am sure no one really would want to deal with this issue. You need to talk to her and not just say soon, give her a date.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Talk to your husband. Come up with a timeline. Send her a certified letter telling her she has x amount of time to get out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont know what to do is why im posting this. ive told her when she moved in that this was very temporary and i have been asking her what she is goin to do, where she is planing to go all the time. she has not worked in years besides that 2 months. so if it isnt handed to her she doenst know what to do. i feel bad but i cant take care of her i have my own family to take care of now. 

Quoting catrig:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe she can move in with my brother, I'm about to kick him out! Lol

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM

My mom lived with us for a few years. I would never kick my mom out. I would have some serious talks with her about getting a job and helping, that's for sure.

macilah
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Definatly ask her to move out you are her child she is not your child she is a grown women you and ur dh have helped enough
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM

A 2 bedroom apartment and you're gonna have 3 kids soon?I would sit her down with your dh and give her a time limit.It has to be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Im a only child and she was put up for adoption, she knows her sisters now but not very close so its not like she can ask for a place to stay. even though they seem to be in a way better situation to be helping someone out then me. she has always made her problems my problems. and i have a big heart but she is very unpleasant and gripes about everything. she has become one of the negative people that has nothing nice to say about anyone or anything for that matter. To be honest im afraid to tell her she has to leave by a certain time cuz she makes me feel so guilty  and some how twist what my dh spends his money on. its literally impossible to tell her anything cuz she only seems to see things her way. 

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

thats a bad situations. You in between because it's your mom and you probably dont wanna hurt her but you also dont wanna fight with you husband! And in this situations I say you and your family comes first. You have 3 kids and there's no space for her. I can also see how that can get pretty annoying. And if she get money for smokes and alcohol but nothing to help you guys out - she would have been gone a long time ago, if it was me. Can no other family member take her in? Or a friend of hers? I guess its hard because I am sure no one really would want to deal with this issue. You need to talk to her and not just say soon, give her a date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)