Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnant after getting your tubes tied?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 26 Replies
Do you know anyone who has gotten pregnant after they've tied their tubes? My tubes have been clamped for a little over a year and I'm 3 days late. I don't think i'm pregnant but i'm wondering how common it would be? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CaileighsMom608
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I know of one person about 16 years ago that got pregnant so hopefully the procedure has been perfected by now.

xanayda
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Hopefully. lol. though i feel like i'll be that one in a million that does end up pregnant... lol

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

I know of one person about 16 years ago that got pregnant so hopefully the procedure has been perfected by now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
It seems to happen to a lot of ladies on here. Also pregnancy after a vasectomy. I wish it would happen to me.
CaileighsMom608
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I said that once I am totally sure I dont want any more babies I will get my tubes tied and have DH get a vasectomy but I feel the same way about being that ONE person to get pregnant.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I don't know of anyone who has gotten pregnant after a tubal, but from personal experience, and talking to a few other women, irregular cycles are pretty common, and for those who do have regular cycles, it's not uncommon to have at least one or two false alarms every year.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

no and your persiod can change after getting your tubes tied.

EachNewBreath
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

BUMP!

Always1222
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Hmm....I'm not sure what the odds are but I now it has happened to some...So bump. :)

xanayda
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I know. it changed cycles last month. :) i don't think i'm pregnant, just curious. :)

Quoting notjstasocermom:

no and your persiod can change after getting your tubes tied.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I can't say this for certain as she is a known liar, but an ex friend said she had sex before she was allowed after her tubal ligation and ended up with an ectopic pregnancy. Other than her, I don't know anyone who go pregnant after having their tubes tied.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN