Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i am so pissed and dumbfounded at the same time

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 45 Replies
my daughter is a pharmacy tech at the drug store we use. i was on the phone talking to her about our medicine. my twin boys were in the bathroom. this is not out of the ordinary cause when one is pooping the other is in there talking to him to keep him company. they are 6 by the way. i heard them talking and then laughing...so i end my call and go check on them. my cat is crouched behind the toilet in absolute fear. i picked her up and she just layed in my arms as if she was relieved i had saved her. when i questioned my sons ( in a stern voice) they finally admitted that they were kicking her around. WTF......by this time i am beyond furious. I mean... Where in the hell did that come from? We have had pets since before they were born. We have always set a good example on how to treat pets or any animal for that matter. We have a beagle who lives in the house with us and i have 2 cats i keep inside. They have never shown any aggression towards them before. I am just at a loss. I cant spank them because i have problems with my hands and my blood vessels bust. But i did sit them down and gave them a very stern talking too.. Where do i go from here? I am so in love with animals and i do not believe in hurting them. We are their voice. Why would they have done that? Like i said they have never done that before. They are always talking to our pets and hugging them. What do i do now? Or do i just let it go until i see them doing it again? I have always had animals when i was growing up and i do not believe in harming them in any way. I believe they have feelings just like we do. Ugh. I am so upset about this!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM
5 moms liked this
They need lose priv . And write I will not hurt animals 6 times each and they are no longer aloud in the bathroom together period they are to old for that
Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM
bump
tarakay0417
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Ground them both. No TV, no toys, nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Talking to them for beating an animal is not enough. At five they know what is wrong and right.  I would take away their toys, their privacy... meaning remove the bedroom door... no treats, nothing..... Let them read or whatever but don't reward any of their behavior until they are able to truly understand they were wrong. If this continues we are looking at the next generation of serial killers.....

Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM
bump
FunnyKids
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM
3 moms liked this
6 times each! Try 600! 100 per night until done

Quoting Anonymous:

They need lose priv . And write I will not hurt animals 6 times each and they are no longer aloud in the bathroom together period they are to old for that

terpmama
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Did you ask why they were doing it?

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Shame the cat didn't retaliate (not horridly, just a good scratch to let them know). Natural consequences normally help. I would be grounding their little butts from daylight.

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

They need to lose a serious amount of privileges for a good long time to understand that you do not abuse animals.I would be livid if I ever caught my son intentionally hurting any one of our pets. You should start with no tv, movies, games, toys, treats, and friends over for about a week. Make them write/draw out why hurting an animal is wrong, and also make them responsible for the pets for the next week, meaning they need to do all feeding, pick up poops, clean litter boxes, wash bedding, etc. That's what I would do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)