Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dd's teacher did what????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
While at work today I got a phone call saying my dd was soaked with water from head to toe because the lunch supervisor let her roll around and make snowangles at lunch with no coat on. Yes she had boots and a snow suit but the snow got down inside it since her coat was off. They needed me to bring her new clothes.

To start, I was mad that she was allowed to take her coat off. What made me more mad was when asked where the outfit I already had left in her cubby hole was they said "idk, maybe someone else had to use it.

I hate confratation (sp?) So I just told them they shouldn't be giving her clothes out and they REALLY shouldn't be letting her have her coat off outside.

10 minutes later I got a call while headed there. Her actual teacher (who didn't know she took her coat off) was calling to tell me how sorry she was that it happened. That she happened to have a ton of clothes she was getting rid of that belonged to her dd.they were her size and she would send an outfit home and I didn't need to come in. I thanked her a few times and told her I wasn't upset with her because it wasn't her fault.

When I picked dd up this afternoon she had a whole garbage bag full of clothes. The teacher just decided to let her have them all. When we got home and looked at them everything but 5 shirts had tags on them still! She gave her a whole brand new wordrobe dang near.

I want to thank her some how but I don't feel like "thank-you" is enough. She doesn't know how much she's helped me. Dd is VERY tiny for her age but has finally hit a growth spert and was in desperate need of new clothes and dh just lost his job.

Any idea's?

Sorry it turned out so long!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM

That was awesome. I thought you were going to complain about what the teacher did. I am really happy that you are so appreciative. I would write out a heart-felt thank you note for the teacher. Maybe when you are employed again you can get her a nice giftcard or something.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Write a thank you note and maybe bake her something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I meant to say my dh just lost his job. And yes I'm very thankful! What can I do? Any ideas?

Quoting Tesserae:

That was awesome. I thought you were going to complain about what the teacher did. I am really happy that you are so appreciative. I would write out a heart-felt thank you note for the teacher. Maybe when you are employed again you can get her a nice giftcard or something.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I'd bake her cookies or get a gift card to a restaurant or Starbucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Do you think she would accept something dd and I bake together? I've read many times on here that different ladies that are teachers throw that stuff away....

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Smcclellan7080
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM

The world neats more teachers like that. :)

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM

wow that's kind of awesome. 

mymanben
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Really nice card/ letter and bake some cookies?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes they do! Her teacher last year was very mean to EVERYONE. She just had no people skills. I'm so glad she's got Mrs. N

Quoting Smcclellan7080:

The world neats more teachers like that. :)

SuperJo
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM
This is a good idea.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)