Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Son ate cat food!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
My son got into the cat food while I was cleaning I heard him put his hand in the bowl ran over to him and he put it in mouth. I think I got it all out but if he did swallow some will he be okay? He's 10 month old. I usually keep the cat food blocked off but I don't know how he got to it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this
LOL He will be just fine. Kids have been eating pet food for as long as there has been pet food to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smcclellan7080
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM

It won't hurt him.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM

he'll be alright. when my nephew was 2 he ate dog biscuits it might not be the most palatable but it's not going to hurt him.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM

haha he will be fine. My youngest loves these jerky like treats my MIL buys for her dogs. We try to keep him out of them but that kid will straight steal them from the dogs if he can!

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM

He is not the first, nor will he be the last child to eat pet food. I am sure that like all the little taste adventurers before him, he will be fine. When I was little I convinced my younger sister that Milk Bones were cookies for humans too. She ate them and she is just fine now.

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
He'll be fine, my kid ate cat food when he was little. And, a lady bug but that's another story lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM

He'll be fine.  Kids do stuff like that all the time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Lol its fine, everytime we go to petco ds tries to grab those dog cookies, the look on his face was priceless when he bit it! Lol
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM

He will be fine. I had my share of cat food as a child lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM
HaHaHa! Relax momma! Both of my kids ate dog food as toddlers and they are fine! I do not understand what the fascination is with dog/cat food but I think all kids eat some at one point or another. I did, my stepsister did but she is also the one that would purposely stick her finger in an electric socket as a child... Anyway. It won't hurt him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)