Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He is ALIVE......little boy held hostage IS OUT and ALIVE(eta full story)EDITagain

Posted by   + Show Post

The hostage taker is dead but the little boy is out and safe.........oh thank God that baby is alive.

When I originally made this post I was majorly multi tasking.

For all those asking:

IN a nut shell.  

A week ago a man stormed a school bus. The bus driver tried to stop him and was shot dead. The man attempted to take two kids but most ran. This little 5 year old boy fainted and the guy took him. He secured himself and the boy in an underground bunker on his property and held him hostage for the last 7 days. He allowed them to drop coloring books, medicine etc down a pipe to him. Today the bunker was stormed and the man was killed and the child was rescued.

AGain sorry, for not posting the whole story. I was trying to listen to breaking news, monitor my 3 kids homework, keep them away from the news and type all at the same time, while fielding some phone calls.  Again sorry if this caused confusion. 

ETA: Please be nice ladies. This post is about gratefulness the child is out of the bunker. Some will thank God, some will thank the rescuers, some will thank some other being or person they think needs thanking. It isn't a debate just gratefulness that a little boy is alive and out of an underground bunker where he was held hostage from his family and loved ones. Thank you. We don't have to all believe the same to be grateful that this little boy is out and safe and with his family again.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Replies (181-190):
rccola1945
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank God!!!!!   I hope he is ok, and sure, he was so glad, to see his parents. I hope this doesn't leave, a lasting, effect, on him, poor baby. Also hope he didn't have to witness, the killing, of his captor.group hug

amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM
2 moms liked this
God did protect him. He came out unharmed.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Shouldn't God have protected him in the first place?

Quoting owl0210:

Thank God.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. The bus driver is a hero for protecting the kids.

Quoting ExtremeBusyBee:

I was listening this morning as they were talking about him turning 6 on Wednesday and if he didn't get out, today was day 7 being held in that bunker, he would be spending his 6th birthday in a bunker with that crazy man. They did say that he wasn't being hurt!! Praise God!! So happy his family has him back in their arms!! That was just a horrible situation. I think since the focus was on little Ethan a lot of people forget about the poor family of the bus driver who was shot and killed for not allowing this man to take the kids off the bus! God give them peace and strength! He died a hero in my book!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

He did everything he could and more. He gave his life. I agree, he is a hero.

Quoting amylovesnick07:

I agree. The bus driver is a hero for protecting the kids.

Quoting ExtremeBusyBee:

I was listening this morning as they were talking about him turning 6 on Wednesday and if he didn't get out, today was day 7 being held in that bunker, he would be spending his 6th birthday in a bunker with that crazy man. They did say that he wasn't being hurt!! Praise God!! So happy his family has him back in their arms!! That was just a horrible situation. I think since the focus was on little Ethan a lot of people forget about the poor family of the bus driver who was shot and killed for not allowing this man to take the kids off the bus! God give them peace and strength! He died a hero in my book!

TheMrsHelms
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for posting!  So happy this ended this way! Just wish it did not happen. Poor baby! 

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Quoting owl0210:

Thank God.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
true-love-21
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM

im glad that guy is dead.

Jcothrine
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:24 PM

thank God..i  was so worried that lunatic would harm the boy.. and he has Aspergers and ADHD..and was only 5...nobody should ever have to go through a nightmare like that..but his age and his conditions make it even harder for him to understand what he was going through.. he must have been so frightened....

JC

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Why was he killed? He didn't harm the child, and the negotiations were going well.

Glad the child is safe, disgusted that the man is dead.

mariesmama
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM

if he's not already i hope mom gets the kid counselling that would traumatize most normal kids and this one has an autism type disorder

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)