Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Husbands solution...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

My husband has what he thinks is a solution to the PA crisis we have here in the US. He thinks that since the government spends an average of 60k per year on each family that is on PA, that we should just give everyone on PA all of that money, up front, one time. It would be enough to set yourself up with a stable home, car, and put you in the position to find a more stable job that pays better or to move somewhere that the cost of living is cheaper. To receive the money, you have to take a class on how to better maintain your finances

Once the system has been completely emptied, set up PA from the ground up, make more stringent guidelines, have restrictions on what can be purchased with fs, have a 6 month max, (unless on disability) require drug testing, require a budgeting class.

You get my point. Do you ladies think this would do us any good? I mean if we spend just one years worth of tax money, about 40 billion a year goes to PA, then we could probably get this country back on it's feet and not have so many people living off the government.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nataliesmom2012
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
$60k a year!? Damn! My SO and I together don't even make that much...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GreenAndLean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Really 60K per year?

When we get PA its food stamps and its $200 per month. That's only $1200 for us cus we get it for 6 months.

But shit if you wanna give me 60K that's cool too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM

That's so idealistic.

Of course, it wouldn't work! They'd blow through all that much money in a month's time, then be crying for more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM

no because lots of people who dont qualify for pa dont even get 60,000 a year and we manange. I like the idea of a budgeting class and a time limit on PA.

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM
haha i will take 60K!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM
The system would never completely empty. Good plan, in theory but very flawed.
aCafemomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM

It will not work...why.... because there are people out there who don't want to work who want to live off other people because they can't get off their butts and keep a job. Unfortally I know poeple who do this

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM

They don't actually receive all that money in hand, but WIC, FS, Medicaid, paying all the case workers....yada yada yada...60k per family. per year.

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

$60k a year!? Damn! My SO and I together don't even make that much...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I've often thought of something along those lines.  Give them everything up front and they can never receive anything again. Or pay for them to go to school, get a job, and begin paying back what they have received. . During that time no more kids or your lose your funding for school. No criminal activity or you lose all your funding. And you can never apply again or receive any more assistance. Unless you become disabled or when you become elderly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM

No, we spend to much on PA.

Continuing to give is not the answer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)