Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA Thank you! --My brother & sil POISONED me! Long but please read.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Yeah the title sounds dramatic but they really did!

To make sure this all makes sense, I'll just tell you now that I have a severe sensitivity to wheat (not gluten, the actual protein in wheat itself) and I am VERY careful about what I eat. If we're going to a party, I always make sure to either eat before we leave or take something with me, just in case.

When I say severe, I mean full-body hives so bad that they bleed, itching, pain and swelling of joints and abdomen, and my eyes will go bloodshot. It something that takes days to go away, and no, nothing like benadryl or allergy meds work. i really can't take steroids, so I have to let a reaction run it course. It's miserable and doesn't happen often because like I said I am rigid with my diet.

Yesterday we went to my brother's house for Superbowl. My brother and I don't really get along, but my sil and I have always been pretty decent to eachother. We're not close, but we're okay. Anyway we went because my entire family and a bunch of family friends were there too.

I tooks some food I can eat and put it in his mini fridge with his beer. He immediately started his usual rant about how I'm a sissy, I'm really not allergic, I do it for attention, I have an elitest attitude toward food, etc. He was pretty cruel, so I walked into the kitchen to help my mom and sil, and that was kind of it. Until

A couple of hours later, sil called me into the kitchen and wanted me to try a dip she made. she swore on her life it was wheat-free, that she made it especially for me, and even pulled out a sleeve of rice crackers to go with it. at this point my brother was in the kitchen too along with several other family members.

I took a big bite of the dip, touched that my sil went out of her way for me, and immediately my brother and sil started cackling loudly. They were laughing so hard, I was chewing and confused, and all of a sudden I felt an attack coming on. My brother yelled SEE I TOLD YOU SHE JUST WANTS ATTENTION SHE'S NOT ALLERGIC TO SHIT! He and sil continued to laugh and said they'd put a few spoonfuls of whole wheat flour into the dip.

And then I broke out in the worst case of hives I have ever had. They were even inside my ears, my mouth, I could have taken a fork to scratch my eyeballs out. They broke out all over my body. My husband was going to kill my brother, but my parents got him and the kids loaded up into the truck and off we went.

I guess after we left the shit went down. Friends left angry at my brother and sil and my family tore them to pieces. I had to call off of work and I'll have to miss several days until I clear up (my appearance counts in my job).

I got a phone call from my sil a little while ago, let it go to voicemail, she said she was sorry but it was my own fault, i should've known it was a joke since they've never gone out of their way for me before.

My issue is, it's my son's birthday next weekend, and I don't know if I want them in my house. I'm sad that this has caused a rift, but I'm still pissed as is my husband & my parents, and I don't think I'll be over it that fast.

Am I justified in telling them they're uninvited to my home?

2-5-13

I just want to thank all of you for your kind words and support! Even though we are complete strangers, it does mean a lot because my heart is broken.

No, I won't press charges against or sue my brother. Yes, he probably deserves for me to do so, but I wouldn't do that to my parents and the rest of my family, kwim? But especially my parents.

I haven't heard anything else from my sil or my brother and I doubt I will. I'm guessing they either feel really guilty or they don't. Either way, I'm guessing they lost of few friends on Sunday and pissed of several family members indefinitely, since so many people were witness to what happened.

I wasn't really worried about my brother & sil when I asked about uninviting them, but my niece and nephew. Even though we're not close, our kids love eachother. I'd hate for their relationship to be affected because of this, but I know the reality is that it probably will. :( My mom said she'd see if maybe brother and sil will let her bring the kids with her, but they probably won't. They'll punish the whole family by withholding their kids. They've done it before, to my parents, over really really petty stuff.

I still look and feel like shit. I haven't had an attack in a very long time because, like I said, I am extremely careful and rigid with what I'm exposed to. Usually, lol.

I have to be careful with what I take, steroids, because I have abnormal liver function from a childhood illness. I have an appointment Thursday though and I'm hoping I'll be prescribed with epi-pen.I don't know what my dr. will do. This was probably the worst attack I've ever had and I don't believe it was life-threatening. But I know allergies can become worse over time.

Oh, I know what I wanted to add! My husband really wanted to KILL my brother, but I am so glad that I married a man who can see the long term consequences of short-term actions. :) He's worked too hard to get where he's at to throw it away over my brother and sil. And something tells me they wouldn't shy away from an opportunity to strike back legally at my husband, simply out of spite and jealousy. And besides, no ones kids needed to see it come to that.

But thank to all you mommies. I feel better. And my son WILL have a completely drama free party this weekend! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell yes, you're justified!

They knowingly did that to you, and then expect everything to just be alright? Screw that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM
20 moms liked this

Asses.  You could always act like you forgave them and make them a "chocolate" pie like the black lady in The Help did to her asshole boss, hahaha!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

What a bunch of assholes! I would definitely tell them that they are uninvited!

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
4 moms liked this
They are lucky you aren't pressing charges. Knowingly giving someone with a severe allergy the allergen can be considered assault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM

That is crazy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
3 moms liked this
they wouldn't ever be welcomed in my home again.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't let them anywhere near my house and I wouldn't be going back to theirs. I would limit my time around them to family holidays at my parents house. Hope u feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this
OMG, I would never talk to them again. How fucking rude. Our bodies change as we get older, how do they know your reaction wasn't deadly, even if it hasn't been in the past. I would be so freaking pissed. And hell yes your are complettly justified in not wanting them in your house. I would never talk to them again ever...
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
That is a very good point

Quoting Allie_kat1:

They are lucky you aren't pressing charges. Knowingly giving someone with a severe allergy the allergen can be considered assault.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy0506
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Dude. Fuck them. I would never speak to either of them ever again. Fucking assholes...I would NEVER allow them in my house. Ever. Who does that?!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN