Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How many times should a woman be allowed to have an abortion before she should be made to get her tubes tied?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Replies (61-70):
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:33 PM
It controls birth, thus it's birth control. I've had two abortions. Would get another if I got pregnant. I don't think it's sad that women make decisions they feel is best.

Quoting brandydesiree:

LOL...it does seem that way.

It's crazy because over 1.2 million abortions are performed in the US annually. Less than 2% are medically necessary.

8.1% of those who got an abortion had had at least three prior.

That is sad.

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

It is birth control. Lol

Quoting brandydesiree:

I hate abortion, but no one should be forced to have their tubes tied. Unless, maybe they killed all of their living children.

I do think there should be a limit on elective abortions. Hell, I think elective abortions should be illegal, but that will never happen, so at least LIMIT it, so it isn't used like birth control.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM
That is really harsh considering all abortions are not caused by carelessness or stupidity. I've had 6. I hate that fact but it had to happen. See I'm part of the .01% that the pill does not work. I've tried all different kinds of pills, had a depo shot, and even tried Mirena but BC did not work for me at all. My drs just said I was extremely fertile. So really there's nothing I could have done considering 3 of those times I also used condoms. Go ahead and judge me but I was not irresponsible.

My question for you is how is abortion any different than using the pill? All of my abortions were before week 7- so still a bunch of cells. With the pill the egg can still get fertilized but the pill is supposed to prevent it from implanting. Thus it's the same as having an early abortion. Also would you rather that people have kids that they can't afford that you now need to pay for through public assistance? Or would you rather allow safe and legal abortions that prevents burdens to society?

Quoting amy31308:

I watched a Dr Phil episode the girl had ten abortions which included 2 late term just because she could and thought it was funny. She should have been sterilized.

I think if a woman had more than three she needs mental help and yes sterilized. Don't care what anyone says. You asked for opinions and that is mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

As many times as she sees fit.. we have no limit on how many children a woman can shoot out of her clown car.. 

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Ignore people like her. I've had two abortions. Feel free to pm me.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is really harsh considering all abortions are not caused by carelessness or stupidity. I've had 6. I hate that fact but it had to happen. See I'm part of the .01% that the pill does not work. I've tried all different kinds of pills, had a depo shot, and even tried Mirena but BC did not work for me at all. My drs just said I was extremely fertile. So really there's nothing I could have done considering 3 of those times I also used condoms. Go ahead and judge me but I was not irresponsible.

My question for you is how is abortion any different than using the pill? All of my abortions were before week 7- so still a bunch of cells. With the pill the egg can still get fertilized but the pill is supposed to prevent it from implanting. Thus it's the same as having an early abortion. Also would you rather that people have kids that they can't afford that you now need to pay for through public assistance? Or would you rather allow safe and legal abortions that prevents burdens to society?

Quoting amy31308:

I watched a Dr Phil episode the girl had ten abortions which included 2 late term just because she could and thought it was funny. She should have been sterilized.

I think if a woman had more than three she needs mental help and yes sterilized. Don't care what anyone says. You asked for opinions and that is mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Are you going to answer?

Quoting amy31308:

Totally different in my opinion.

To me that's comparing apples to oranges. I'm not playing that game. I started my opinion on what was asked.

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Do I have the right to tell you how many kids you can have??

Quoting amy31308:

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

As many as she needs I would rather women be able to have abortions than have a child and abuse or neglect them or worse kill them once they are born.

I would never have an abortion but I would never tell another person not to if they feel it is the better choice.

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Then use condoms, learn your body and use natural family planning and avoid sex during fertile times.

My baby had a heartbeat at 5w6d and so you can't convince me it was just a bunch of cells.

I'm not judging you personally. I'm judging the action.

I'd rather people be as responsible as humanly possible.

Id *rather* support a child and give that child a chance at life than have that person abort. I don't believe babies are mistakes. Period.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amy31308:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM
If you had six abortions, maybe you should stop having sex. I mean damn, six? I don't care if bc doesn't work for you. Double up on condoms, use spermicide, get an implant. Are you married? Or are you just getting knocked up by your current squeeze and then getting rid of the 'cells' because you don't want a baby. I'm sorry, but there is no justifiable reason for six abortions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amy31308:

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM
No because I'm not arguing with someone for my beliefs. I'm not trying to fight and debate with others so I'm not engaging with her because clearly that is what she wants.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you going to answer?

Quoting amy31308:

Totally different in my opinion.

To me that's comparing apples to oranges. I'm not playing that game. I started my opinion on what was asked.

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Do I have the right to tell you how many kids you can have??

Quoting amy31308:

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
It's really none of your business what she does or doesn't do.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you had six abortions, maybe you should stop having sex. I mean damn, six? I don't care if bc doesn't work for you. Double up on condoms, use spermicide, get an implant. Are you married? Or are you just getting knocked up by your current squeeze and then getting rid of the 'cells' because you don't want a baby. I'm sorry, but there is no justifiable reason for six abortions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amy31308:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured