Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frickin tired....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Of damn double standards!!! Sometimes my husband treats me like a child. I can't get a job that requires working any time during the weekends because that's "our" time(he works mon-fri and im currently a sahm) but he can go play golf with his friend on the weekends. And he justifies it by saying I have a choice not to work weekends. He doesn't have a choice but to play golf with his friend on the weekends because his friend works out of town during the week. Wtf!?!?!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:55 AM

yep, so work during the weekend then. absence makes the heart grow fonder.  ; )

MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM
So you have to ask permission? You're allowing him to treat you like a child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:58 AM

hes just being a tipical man

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I do what I want. Dh doesn't tell me what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I certainly didn't ask for permission. He straight up told me no weekends. An I fought back but he made me feel so small when he said "so working on the weekends is more important than spending time with your family. You have the choice not to work weekends" ugh. Manipulative maybe??

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

So you have to ask permission? You're allowing him to treat you like a child.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM

If you work weekends who will watch the kids while he golfs? This all about him and nothing to do with family time. He does not want to be stuck watching the kids IMO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I was thinking the same darn thing!! He took the focus off "weekend time is our time" and made it about me having a choice and him not having a choice.

Quoting PinkyPan:

If you work weekends who will watch the kids while he golfs? This all about him and nothing to do with family time. He does not want to be stuck watching the kids IMO.

bigmessylife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Just tell him you're going to put the same amount of time and energy into your relationship that he does, and go get yourself that job.
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Now the question is ...what are you going to do about it? Is he asking you to find a job or are you looking to get you out of the house?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was thinking the same darn thing!! He took the focus off "weekend time is our time" and made it about me having a choice and him not having a choice.

Quoting PinkyPan:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I'm wanting to go back to work in the fall to pay for private school for our son. I don't know what to do about it honestly...I try and be firm and he makes me feel so inferior.

Quoting PinkyPan:

Now the question is ...what are you going to do about it? Is he asking you to find a job or are you looking to get you out of the house?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkyPan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured