Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sorry.. just need to vent..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I can't vent to anyone else so please just allow me some air time for a moment. I am 28 yrs old.. i am an assistant manager at my job making good money but I work 60+ hours a week. My husband and I have a 5 yr old son. My husband works m-f 7-4 and his job is not near as stressful as mine. He did have to start pitching in more with our son when i got promoted which i talked to him about before i ever applied for it.. he takes him to school and picks him up almost every day.. that is great.. the problem? THAT IS ALL HE DOES! I come home from working a 13 hour shift today and found out he called out from work because he had a sore throat.. my house is effing trashed.. dishes piled up.. trash overflowing.. hes laid up on the couch in his underwear.. my son is napping(@5pm!).. ive been on my feet for 13 hours and i sit down to take my shoes off and he has the nerve to ask what i am cooking for dinner.
He has it so easy compared to a lot of marriages.. i never nag or bitch at him.. his friends tell him what a good woman i am and he doesnt care. When i worked 40 hrs and i was off every weekend i kept my house immaculate.. now I want to puke. I do all the laundry.. cooking.. dishes.. toilet scrubbing.. while he sits his ass on the couch stuffing his face. Im just done. I want a man who appreciates the work i do and respects me enough to help. We are like roommates only hes the irresponsible one that cant help out (and hes 10 yrs older than me!).
Before everyone tells me to sit him down.. i have.. ive talked til im blue and if he does help its halfassed only to please me. Anyway.. thanks for letting me vent.. idk what i am going to do. If i leave i will have to give up my position bc I'd never be able to raise my son with my schedule the way it is.. we have no family nearby to help. :-(
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I'm sorry ;(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM

im sorry hun.   stop doing things for him. Do things only for you and your ds. clean your clothes and your childs clothes. cook only for the 2 of you.  Dont clean up after him. 

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, this! I stopped doing DH's laundry, but kept doing mine and the kids. Now he does laundry, because he realized what a pain in the butt it is to not have clean clothes.

Quoting mommysangelface:

im sorry hun.   stop doing things for him. Do things only for you and your ds. clean your clothes and your childs clothes. cook only for the 2 of you.  Dont clean up after him. 

scperdomo
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I tried this, my dh responded by taking his clothes to a dry cleaner/laundry place lmao.

Quoting stephiebugg:

Yeah, this! I stopped doing DH's laundry, but kept doing mine and the kids. Now he does laundry, because he realized what a pain in the butt it is to not have clean clothes.

Quoting mommysangelface:

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM

*** Hugs ***  I know your frustration.  Why is it they expect us to just do everything but if we want them to do anything we have to ask them?!?  They don't ask us to do what we do; we see that it needs done and we do it, because that's how an adult is supposed to act.  So why should we have to ask someone who is supposed to be our partners in life and just as adult as we are to help out in what is their house as well as ours?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:48 AM
And then when he does do something rarely without being asked he says i don't acknowledge his efforts bc i dont thank him.. wtf? No one thanks me..

Quoting Diamepphyre:

*** Hugs ***  I know your frustration.  Why is it they expect us to just do everything but if we want them to do anything we have to ask them?!?  They don't ask us to do what we do; we see that it needs done and we do it, because that's how an adult is supposed to act.  So why should we have to ask someone who is supposed to be our partners in life and just as adult as we are to help out in what is their house as well as ours?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Can you afford someone to help clean the house?  Because that might be the answer.  Then do some preplanning of meals when you are both off-and get the crock pot busy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:56 AM
I can but i am so embarrassed by the way it looks.. i have even asked him to just left the house for the day so i can clean but he wont maintain it.. it os trashed again within a day.. i cancelled our cable and internet.. ive quit doing his laundry.. im just digusted.. i will take a photo of his side of our bedroom when i get home later.. granted hes not laid up in bed

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you afford someone to help clean the house?  Because that might be the answer.  Then do some preplanning of meals when you are both off-and get the crock pot busy.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:58 AM
I'm sorry :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)