Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My little disaster prone baby....

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 28 Replies

Ripped the freaking frenulum on her top lip OFF earlier. Only thing is, is that hers is not just a frenulum, it has actually spaced the two front teeth, connecting at the bottom of the gum - therefore making it a lip tie. (Dentist has said not to worry, because something like this will eventually happen, and solve the problem. LOL)

We were all downstairs in the playroom, playing nicely with the kitchen and little foods. I ran upstairs for literally TWO seconds to get my cup of coffee, and as I'm coming back down, I hear her screaming. Apparently she was trying to walk with one of the plastic plates, and tripped on something on the floor - the plate went straight up her lip.
(Mind you, she's almost 3, and she was with her sister, who's 5. Plenty old enough to be alone for a second.)

She's a trooper though, as soon as I got it to stop bleeding, she ran off and hasn't mentioned it since!

Anything like this ever happen to any of you?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM
God! My 1.5 year old is a clumsy one! She needs a padded suit and a helmet.. Mostly a helmet though. She hits her head of of everything! She had to get a gash in her eyebrow glued... She was playing with a dish towel and tripped and Broke her leg... This kid is just ridiculous! Her brother has never ever had to go to the hospital for an injury... He's never had I go to the hospital period... I don't know what's up with that kid...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beth3721
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Hey at least it tore on its own.  I had to have surgery for mine when I was 12.

lilfishbigocean
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Broke her leg?! Holy crap! That must have really sucked, poor baby!
My DD1 has never really had an injury - other than this exact one.. LOL Except she just had a regular frenulum, so it wasn't that bad..
DD2 is very clumsy, I'm pretty sure she get's it from me Haha

Quoting MistyMoo:

God! My 1.5 year old is a clumsy one! She needs a padded suit and a helmet.. Mostly a helmet though. She hits her head of of everything! She had to get a gash in her eyebrow glued... She was playing with a dish towel and tripped and Broke her leg... This kid is just ridiculous! Her brother has never ever had to go to the hospital for an injury... He's never had I go to the hospital period... I don't know what's up with that kid...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Nothing like that, but my granddaughters got ahold of the vase their step sister had her Grandma's ashes in and spread them all over her room. My daughter was mortified,and the poor step sister freaked out (rightfully so). My daughter swept up all she could. She said she was just glad the girls didn't put any in their mouth. Guess you just never know what kids will do next.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM

sounds like my three year old. any surface he can climb on he will. any bruise or black eye he can get he will. like jumping off his head board... didn't even know it was climbable. or falling off hte couch. how do you fall off the couch, you're three! sigh. at least he's cute lol

lilfishbigocean
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM

*gag.

Wow...!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Nothing like that, but my granddaughters got ahold of the vase their step sister had her Grandma's ashes in and spread them all over her room. My daughter was mortified,and the poor step sister freaked out (rightfully so). My daughter swept up all she could. She said she was just glad the girls didn't put any in their mouth. Guess you just never know what kids will do next.

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM

My youngest had the lip tie and tongue tie. When she went for surgery to take out her adenoids and put tubes in her ears, the doctor cut both of the ties. She recovered fine and didn't seem like it really hurt much.

TAG_ur_it
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM

last may or june, DD gashed her cheek on an open drawer.  plastic surgeon gave her 3 stitches.  in late august she smacked her chin on the tile floor.  er doc put in 4 stitches. stayed in a week.  she ended up in the ER with a stomach bug.  they went ahead and took the stitches out.  2 days later, she was dancing and twirling in the hallway and smashed her face into the wall. reopened the chin gash.  took her to the er.  had me take her to he plastic surgeon the next day.  they put in 2 internal and 5 external stitches (said the er doc should have put some internal ones in the first time).  10 days later, we get the removed.  5 weeks later, one of the internals starts coming out so we took ehr to get it pulled out.  not 30 minutes later, she and i were walking out of the bank to go home and she takes off running.  SMACK.  busts her hands and knees in the parking lot.  everyone tells me she needs a padded suit.  i swear i'm going to have to cover my floors and walls in bubblewrap and foam padding.

mom2coco_noah
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:40 PM
My 14 month old took out my older sons batcave today and gave himself a black eye :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Yeah, they are something else, for sure. At least now the vase is put up out of their reach. My daughter still feels so bad about it. 

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

*gag.

Wow...!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured