Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I tell him or keep it a secret?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I tell the poor guy?

Options:

Yes, he should have some time to mentally prep

Nah, surprise the big lug, it would be way more fun!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

So, there are a lot of things going on, and I think the easiest thing is going to be to list them...so here we go!

1. I am on pelvic rest
2. My husband has never spent a night away from our son (he is 2.5 years old, I have spent two nights away for a girls weekend)
3. Our sons sleeps in bed with us (this is wanted on both sides, and not an issue for us, but it adds in)
4.  I haven't been the worlds most loving creature the past 2 months (first trimester blahs) 

I have decided that it is time to rip the band-aid off, and that my husband and I are going to have our first night away from the kiddo. We are going to go downtown, stay at a hotel, have an awesome time childless. Dinner, maybe a movie (he has been wanting to see one for forever), hanging out doing nothing. Yeah. There won't be any sex, but I think taking some time together, with JUST us, would be really good for us. 

But I can't decide if I should tell him so he can have some input before hand -OR- if I should just set everything up, have his mom knock on the door Saturday morning, pick up our son and be on our merry little way on an adventure.

What do you think? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I said surprise. but maybe you should make up some pretend boring plans for you so that he doesnt think you have nothing going on and make other plans.

mcclainprincess
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Ugh. That's a tough one. A surprise would be cool, but what if he wanted to do something else? Either way, I'm super jealous.. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I was for sure going to do this. Or say I had to work a weekend (which means he would need to be there for our son)

Quoting brittany208:

I said surprise. but maybe you should make up some pretend boring plans for you so that he doesnt think you have nothing going on and make other plans.

HanaJoii
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I think you should surprise him, just make sure he doesn't make any other plans.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Surprise him!! I surprised my dh and, even though he says he doesn't like surprises, he LOVED it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM

He isn't the picky type. He would be just super excited to be doing something like this, a little nervous to be leaving our son (he likes to do everything as a family) and a little perterbed about spending the money (I am evening out our tax return which is more than expected. Last year HR made a mistake and labeled me as having 5 dependents. Ha. So this year, I wasn't to sure where to leave things as this is only my second year post child, and seeing how they messed up the first. It seems like a worthwhile thing to splurge on, the rest of the money is going into savings) 

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Ugh. That's a tough one. A surprise would be cool, but what if he wanted to do something else? Either way, I'm super jealous.. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM

You make surprising him sound like an awesome idea. 

Quoting deputygirls28:

Surprise him!! I surprised my dh and, even though he says he doesn't like surprises, he LOVED it!!

brittany208
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Thats a good idea.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was for sure going to do this. Or say I had to work a weekend (which means he would need to be there for our son)

Quoting brittany208:

artistmom27
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM

It is based on how he is; if he is the type to panic, I would let him know ahead of time. It is really based on his personality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Grrr....I can't tell how serious he is about not wanting to leave our son alone. I can't tell if it is the "first sleepover, first time parent jitters" OR if he is actually worried

Quoting artistmom27:

It is based on how he is; if he is the type to panic, I would let him know ahead of time. It is really based on his personality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)