Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will you tell me a story? ***CONTEST POST*** C'mon ladies, I need some more entries!!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 47 Replies

There's a $5 gift card in it for the author of my favorite story :) ENTRY is open till 10pm tomorrow. (Tues)

(I understand not everyone is comfortable giving out an address in which case you just get to be the winner! Lol)

Begin with ‘Once upon a time’, and tell a story that links together all 9 images. Start with the first symbol that grabs your attention.

Apple, letter/mail, keyhole

scales, die, bridge

lightbulb, padlock/lock, fountain

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teaspring
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

hehe - StoryCubes - my kids have those :D

JadsW
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I'm bookmarking this for later. When's the contest over & what genre?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Bump for later
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Say 24 hours, so 10pm tomorrow.

Any.

Quoting JadsW:

JadsW
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweet. I'm in. Well, if I come up with anything. lol ;)

Quoting bcoll:

Say 24 hours, so 10pm tomorrow.

Any.

Quoting JadsW:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadsW
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeamTARDIS
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Once upon a time there was a lonely mail man. Every day he would go on his route over the bridge and through the city. Rain or shine he delivered his mail, never expecting anything in return.
One day, unexpectedly, just as he was placing the mail in the box of a local castle an apple landed on his head. Regaining consciousness five minutes later he thought he might have solved the question of gravity, but then realized that he wasn't a scientist but rather a humble mail man. Looking around he spied the offending apple and picked it up. A bewitching voice called down to him, he glanced up and found himself staring at the most beautiful princess he had ever seen.
The light bulb went off in his head, it was almost as if the fountain of youth spurted from his chest. He, humble and middle aged mailman, had looked into the eyes of true love.
Knowing the chances of him finding another princess like this was about the same as him rolling a seven on a dice he dropped his mail bag and flung open the castle door. The big wooden door creaked, but slowly gave way and he raced up the stone stair only coming to a halt when he found himself faced with another heavy wooden door.
Looking at the handle he realized that there was a pad lock on the door and since he did not have a key chances were he would never get into the door.
 Giving up, feeling his heart drop to his toes in mourning for what could have been, he bent down and peeked through the key hole in hopes of spying his princess just one more time. He could see her, perfectly outlined by the key hole, sitting at the window, her golden hair flowing around her and a basket of apples on her lap. It was poetic justice, like the scales of life had finally evened out. This man, who had spent his whole life delivering love letters, goodbye letters, letters of mourning and even letters of blackmail, should have his life changed forever all for the sake of delivering a letter to this very princess.
Walking back down the stairs dejectedly, the man grabbed up his mail bag and started back on his way through town only to freeze in his tracks when he was hit in the back of his head with another apple. Turning, he glanced up at the princess again, this time noticing that she was pointing at a trellis on the side of the castle wall. Dropping his mail bag for a final time, the man gripped the wooden ladder and climbed up and right into the arms of his beloved.
Of course they lived happily every after, for what fairy tale can end any other way?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:02 PM

What the heck are the top middle and top right supposed to be?

kappalopokis
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Top right is a keyhole.

Top middle?

No idea.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM

An envelope or letter/mail

A keyhole

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)