Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I gave my ex a bed set for our son and he lets his GF's DD sleep in my son's bed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 216 Replies

My parents gave me and my ex most the furniture we had. With the exception of our computer and big screen tv and just a few other things. So in court, the things my parents gave us did not go towards the furniture that needed to be divided. We only had to divided the kitchen table, the new flat screen 52 inch tv and the computer. I let me ex take all of those except the computer. I also let him take my younger son's bedroom set (my parents had an extra one in storage that was nicer anyway) so that he would have a place to sleep when he visited his dad, he is the only one of our children who is a minor.

Anyway, he recently informed me that now he has to sleep on the living room floor, I asked why he said that his dad's girlfriend (live in) kid visit at the same time he does and her DD gets to sleep in the second bedroom IN THE BED THAT MY PARENTS GAVE MY SON while her brother and my son sleep in the living room and "flip a coin" for the couch THAT MY PARENTS GAVE US. He said for some reason, he always looses the coin toss because if the girlfriend's son looses, he whines and she insists the coin was not flipped properly.

Well I immediately called my ex and asked what was going on, he said that he was teaching our son manners by letting the girl have the bedroom and the bed (the girl is 14, the boy is 11 and my son is 13). I told him that's not right, that I let him take the bedroom set (that I had every right to keep) for our son, not for his girlfriend's DD. I also reminded him that I also let him take the couch. I told him that my son WILL be sleeping in HIS bed and if he doesn't I will take it back to court and I doubt the judge will be happy to hear how my ex treats his own son.

I just can't believe that he would be this way to our son. Now I understand why my son doesn't want to go over there and to be honest, I don't blame him

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissMia22
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Wow wtf :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:47 PM

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
3 moms liked this

I think that is horrible. BUT you gave it to him, so I guess he can do what he wants with it now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Could your son be playing one against the other? My stepdaughter did this. Threw a hissy fit about sleeping in her bedroom. My husband caved and let her sleep in the living room. She told her mom that she's made to sleep on the couch every weekend
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
8 moms liked this
I was with you until I heard the manners part. He's kind of right about that. Why not switch weekends so they dont all visit at the same time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM
6 moms liked this
Why don't you both act like parents/adults and just buy another fucking bed and quit bitching!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Sadly for your son, due to the ages and genders of the kids, the judge will most likely agree with the sleeping arrangements. It sucks your son always "loses" the coin toss and they should at least take turns with the couch though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM
3 moms liked this

My son is not trying to date his dad's girlfriend's DD, he has just as much right to be comfortable there as she does and to top it off, the bed is his. Also, that's not really teaching him manners, it's teaching him that he is less important then dad's girlfriend's kids. Really, they need a bigger place, it's a two bedroom place and every other weekend they have 3 kids there. They don't want to switch because they like having every other weekend to themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was with you until I heard the manners part. He's kind of right about that. Why not switch weekends so they dont all visit at the same time?

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM
That's fucked up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I kind of agree with the ex. It is good manners and the bed is now the ex's not yours. You cant decide who uses what, even though it use to be yours, lol. Is this temporary? If so it really isnt that big of a deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN