Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

15 & Pregnant, a WTH moment

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There is this 15 yr old girl I'm friends with on FB. I do actually know her. Anyways, she's pregnant and is one of those who breaks up with her BF every other day, talks crap, and then loves him again. Today she made a post basically saying "Why is it so hard to find the right one? I just want to settle down." WTH! YOU'RE 15 HONEY! IMMA NEED YOU TO BE FO REAL!

Why do kids want to give up their childhood so early now?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Replies (71-80):
Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not even 100 yrs ago she would have already been married and pregnant by now as it is. It is today's society that feels people should be married and pregnant in their 30s and 40s.

So you think it's alright that she has a baby at 15 and is on her way to becoming a high school drop out?

I think it isn't as big a deal as you are making it out to be and she doesn't have to be a drop out unless of course she has a craptastic mother who won't parent her child enough to make sure she finishes school

WHAT?! This child has not a clue. She is unable to maintain a positive relationship with her peers, what makes you think she can be even an adequate mother at the age of 15? And why should her mother parent her child? I get mistakes happen but when do we start teaching our young people personal resposnibility and accepting consequences for choices made. This young person has a great responsibility now. HER responsiblity and no one elses (aside from the baby-daddy).   It is up to her now to plan for her child and her own life. This is all very, very sad.

sampson200
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Columbia? Really?

Google that, did you?

And I attended Brown and Cornell for my masters. /snort

I would assume that an ivy league graduate wouldn't be touting such base opinions on a mothering website.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll be sure to tell the professors at Columbia University that you think they were horrible. Some random woman's opinion on the internet will really hurt their feelings.

Quoting sampson200:

Your teachers were horrible.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a good perspective on history. Thanks. I aced every single course I've ever taken from Colonial American, Pre-Colonial African History, US History, World History and more. Women may have been considered "chattel", but they were supported by their men. Divorce rates were very low and families remained in tact. Cases of abuse were much rarer than this day and age. You rarely saw women killing their whole families because of post partum depression. It is due to MODERN MEDICINE that people have longer life spans, not because they don't have to do anything because mommy and daddy will support them forever. 

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not even 100 yrs ago she would have already been married and pregnant by now as it is. It is today's society that feels people should be married and pregnant in their 30s and 40s.

Because 100 years ago and earlier, women were little more useful than breeding stock and daddy's money; if they were lucky.

God forbid women have dreams and ideals and grander schemes in life than being a brood mare when they're much too immature and without a fully fuctional frontal lobe to raise a child in the best light possible. 

God forbid we have longer life spans than 27 being middle aged and women fought, at died, for us to be more than something less than a human being.

And let's not fail to mention the fact that every single woman was considered nothing unless she was a married woman and after that, a mother. Those were not choices; those were expectations and don't even think about not getting married and shaming the family.

If you were a 15 year old UNMARRIED young woman (like 99.9% of these teen pregnant mothers today), 100 years ago, you would have been thrown out on your ear and most likely become a prostitute or work for next to nothing in a dangerous factory. Anonymity in the city was the only place for an unwed mother, living with other unwed mothers, with no protection from anyone, and disease and rape and starvation as your only certainties. What a thrill.

Thank GOD I was born in 'today's society'.

Just because I started my period at 13 didn't equate that my brain and logic was sound enough, and only good enough, to breed children.

Don't talk about 'history', anon, when you really have no idea what you're discussing.

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM

media and society. I see the clothes that children from 6-12 wear and its horrible. shorts too short, freaking high heels wtf..

sampson200
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

So you think it's alright that she has a baby at 15 and is on her way to becoming a high school drop out?

I think it isn't as big a deal as you are making it out to be and she doesn't have to be a drop out unless of course she has a craptastic mother who won't parent her child enough to make sure she finishes school

WHAT?! This child has not a clue. She is unable to maintain a positive relationship with her peers, what makes you think she can be even an adequate mother at the age of 15? And why should her mother parent her child? I get mistakes happen but when do we start teaching our young people personal resposnibility and accepting consequences for choices made. This young person has a great responsibility now. HER responsiblity and no one elses (aside from the baby-daddy).   It is up to her now to plan for her child and her own life. This is all very, very sad.

Don't debate with her, Kit.

She attended COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY (I'm sure) so she knows what she's talking about.

/what has ivy league succumbed, to? Run-on sentences and all that......

Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Well I guess you are another sort of "normal." and yes, it is hard. Parenthood is hard. Marriage is hard. Being young and immatrure(as in lacking life experiences to draw wisdom from) makes those two jobs that much harder. I wish you well!

Quoting brebugmom91:

Yes we are married still, yes I finished high school and received my medical assisting diploma, we did get FS for a little while after DH's first deployment, but that's it. A part of me wouldn't trade my daughters for the world, but the other part wishes I could be "normal", so that's hard.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting brebugmom91:

I got pregnant at 15, and married the guy that knocked me up. Lol. But we weren't annoying and drama filled.

Just curious, are you two still married? Were you able to complete your education? Did you have assistance both financial and emotional? Is this the life you would have planned if you had the choice?

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Because we as a society make them grow up too quick. We don't let them run around and have fun. We have set up play dates, electronics we let them be sucked into and dependant on and if they're being loud because their kids, then we tell them they need to be quiet. If they don't act perfect there must be something wrong and we drug them to make them sedate. We keep worrying about and making them worry about the future but not how to enjoy today. We don't teach them to be independent individuals and how relationships work. They think happiness is always wrapped up in someone else and they don't know how to be happy with just themselves. We teach them that their ever after is when they are grown up and they think that's 15. They think they are grown up and look it, so don't they need their ever after? I could go on but I think my point is made, jmot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Quoting mommy7712:

This particular child is definitely on her way. She never goes to school anymore.
Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

She attended COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY (I'm sure) so she knows what she's talking about.

I did too! What a coincidence!

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I do agree. That is also taught in school and its normal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sampson200
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I did too! What a coincidence!

Fantastic!

I attended Brown, you know, it's slightly BETTER than Columbia.....as a History AND Engineering major and a couple minors in Computational Biology and Slavic Languages, just for fun.

I spend my days now doing seminars and arguing with strangers online about motherhood 100 years ago and posting lolcats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN