Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

15 & Pregnant, a WTH moment

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There is this 15 yr old girl I'm friends with on FB. I do actually know her. Anyways, she's pregnant and is one of those who breaks up with her BF every other day, talks crap, and then loves him again. Today she made a post basically saying "Why is it so hard to find the right one? I just want to settle down." WTH! YOU'RE 15 HONEY! IMMA NEED YOU TO BE FO REAL!

Why do kids want to give up their childhood so early now?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Replies (131-134):
dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM
My son Aj, has acid reflux. At two weeks old he became so sick, I rushed him to the ER after he started throwing up blood and stomach acid. Worst week ever, so many test, and doctors. He was put on special formula, I had to prop him after every feeding.

That's crazy they don't know why your son was so sick and not have a answer. That drove me crazy, asking what's going on and everyone saids they don't know.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son wasn't tat bad but for about a month or more he would throw up most nights, he would have water poops that just poured out of his diapers. He didn't eat so he lost about 4-5 pounds. He went from er to doctor to clinic and no one could tell us what was wrong. Then one day everything stopped and it was like the last month hadn't happened. We still don't know what was going on

Quoting dallascowboys82:

My dd has asthma, and as a baby (she is now nine) see would get sick so easy. Fever's into the 103, and needing breathing treatments every four hours, and she wanted to be held, so I spent lots of time in our recliner her sleeping on my chest while I was sleeping to.

And dr appts to make sure she was getting better, three stays in the hospital. It was a mess, luckily now she is nine she is able to tell me when she isn't feeling better

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea my son got like that it was the hardest month of his two years because he was so sick. Young girls just don't understand how much work a baby is. Sure there are tons of cute sweet moments but there are also plenty of hard moments

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Because I think being a teen mom is put on a pedal stool and girls think it's cute to have a baby. Nothing cute when your covered in baby puke or your kid has a 103 fever and the dr tells you they don't know what's wrong..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

HAHA...b/c I'm not raising whiners...yup that's me...I am a single mom that's why I don't have time for bullshit...You don't see my kids hangin on the corner doing drugs...I have pretty good kids and I'm proud of them...I tell them that everyday...so if you don't like me that's to bad...

Quoting Anonymous:

I've read a few of your comments in different posts. You sound like a bitter single mom who is emotionally abusive and neglective to your kids. I just shake my head at some mothers in this Site.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Everyone wants attention today...mom and dad raise the kid to believe they are so special and as the get older they aren't cute anymore and the attention fades...I know I will get bashed for this but it's our own faults.  I tell mine all the time...your only special to me...no one else...you're not going to walk into your first day of work at McDonald's (or where ever) and have a red carpet rolled out so get over yourself...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:57 PM

The inherent logic issue in the "100 years ago" argument is that we are not living under the same kind of social structure or economic conditions.  Society is no longer structured to support it.  100 years ago, neighborhood women worked together to raise kids; one parent homes were few and far between; and families could be supported on less; women did not get to go out and make a life for themselves; and most would rather die  (literally-die on the abortionists table) than be perceived as not a virgin at marriage  Trying to normalize it by comparing it to 100 years ago isn't logical.

NewInChrist
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Thank you!! Sadly now everyone thinks its such a shame, back in the old days it was a shame to be single until you we're 30, you were an old maid and no one wanted to marry you. Now if you're pregnant at 15 everyone thinks you should abort or give the baby up because "no way can a 15 year old raise a baby!"

Quoting Anonymous:

Not even 100 yrs ago she would have already been married and pregnant by now as it is. It is today's society that feels people should be married and pregnant in their 30s and 40s.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN