Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I didn't breastfeed cuz I did t want to (s/o)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
I read on another post someone said they didn't bf because they didn't want to, is it just me or is that honesty super refreshing?!
I am bfing and last night I really didn't want to, my nipples hurt lil man was being very rough the past few days (he's 4 mo)
I bf because I feel I HAVE to

Do you bf. and do you honestly love it all the time?!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I BF because I wanted to.

There where times when I REALLY didn't want to, and I didn't. Lol I gave him a bottle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juniebug11
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM
With dd I wanted to breast feed so bad, and it didn't work out. We didn't click, I tried and tried. So with my ds I didn't want to breat feed at all but I felt like I would try it , at least for the diet few days so he'd be healthy. He ended up doing so good & I really like to breast feed. I feel a connection and I really like our personal time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I BF because I HAVE to :) And I love it.  It's the BEST thing for my baby!

lendales_mommi
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM

MY body my choice...but i think doing what's best for the baby is always in my best interest LOL....but uggghhh I do not miss those dry cracked nipples....:(

babydylan3
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I tried breast feeding as long as I could but I couldn't produce so I had to stop but I loved it while it lasted
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HippiePotPie279
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I formula fed ...kids are healthy and smart and kind. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I have him one formula bottle so far in his little life, I read one formula a week won't throw off your milk production. How is it supplementing with formula? I tried to avoid it as long as possible but dude bfing is hard!!

Quoting sandra_t00:

I BF because I wanted to.

There where times when I REALLY didn't want to, and I didn't. Lol I gave him a bottle

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I did it because I wanted to. Plus, Im to cheap to spend $30 on a can of crap. :) if I wouldnt eat it or drink it, my kiddo doesnt eat or drink it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I breastfed mine for 21 and 23 months, there were MANY times where I really didn't want to, but I did. I personally can't fathom not doing it at all "just because I didn't want to" that just sounds so immature, selfish, ignorant... If you can't for some reason, or thought you couldn't for some reason, that's one thing, but I just don't get not even trying for no reason other than "I didn't want to".

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I breastfed DD and weaned her at 11 and a half months cuz I WANTED 2 lol she would have keept on going but I was so so done. If you dont want to breastfeed you dont half to. It dont matter what other people think, just do what makes YOU and the baby happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)