Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I didn't breastfeed cuz I did t want to (s/o)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I read on another post someone said they didn't bf because they didn't want to, is it just me or is that honesty super refreshing?!
I am bfing and last night I really didn't want to, my nipples hurt lil man was being very rough the past few days (he's 4 mo)
I bf because I feel I HAVE to

Do you bf. and do you honestly love it all the time?!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
jellybeanjean
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I hated breast feeding. Was much happier when I eventually switched to formula. I did it cause its better for baby.

Sama2Mamma
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I breastfeed not because I HAVE to but because to me its what is best for MY child. But to each their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Your body, your choice. Oh wait...that only applies if you want to murder your unborn child...If you don't want to BF, you are horrible and CPS should take your child away...I always forget these things!

CM logic...I love it.

cammy002
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM

i breast feed because its what is best for my baby

sometimes its annoying but i love the closeness i have with my baby boy

violetlady
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I bf for 15 months both my kids. Plenty of times I wanted my freedom back , put I remembered myself this is not going to be forever and if I give up , I will dissapoint myself. So I tried to make it as enjoyable as possible , and save those memories in my heart. Time go so fast.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slm047
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I bf for right over 2 yrs. It is definitely a huge commitment, but totally worth it. Sometimes I didn't feel like it, but most of the time it was no issue( until the end.. I was ready to be done ). I was fortunate to never have to supplement with formula, but don't look down on how others feed their babies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I combo feed because I only have one boob. I breastfed one child off one boob for ten months...she was a light eater. I know that my situation makes things more difficult than "normal" but I am pretty sure that I would hate breastfeeding regardless. I don't know why anyone likes it, really.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Good for you. Do what feels right for you. I did because I wanted to do the best thing I could do for my babies.  By the time I was ready to wean each of them sitting there doing nothing made me crazy. I wanted to get up and be doing something with no one attached to me. I was very ready to wean. I don't think you have to breast feed for years for the baby to benefit. 

HippiePotpie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I didn't even try to BF. She has been healthy and happy her whole life. If you want to great if you don't want to great as well. Your life is for you to make decisions about. Nobody else gets to say what you do or don't do.

teal_phoenix
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I ff my first because  it didn't work out( not going into details, not important). For my second, I chose to ff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN