Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Drug them?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

A lady at my dd's dance class talks about melatonin ALL the time! The first time we talked, she was trying to get me to give it to my dd.

The reason she gives it to her 3 year old?......

"At 9pm I finally get her in bed, and I have to sit and play on my phone for a few minutes till she falls asleep"

"Are you fucking kidding?" is all I could think.

I told her I don't like the side effects, and her response was, "her pediatrician recommended it." SO? They also recommend a heck of a lot of other horrible things for your body.

The next week, she was onto project get a new mom to drug her kid to sleep for no reason. She found new PINK chewables. "You're only supposed to start with 1mg and work your way up, but we give her 3mg a night". WTF!

My confession? I want to slap her across the face, but I dont. I already tried to inform her but she didn't care.

ETA before someone gets angry, I know there are times when synthetic Melatonin is needed, but definitely not her case, and she's like a freaking salesman for the crap.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Lol slap her. I would feel the same.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I'm in shock. Nobody has anything to say.

HippiePotPie279
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
6 moms liked this

She drugs her kid...you are judgemental....I'm a pothead. see? we all have our flaws...but we can still be nice:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM
She's going to regret it later in life when her daughter builds a tolerance and can't even sleep on her own...but I agree with hippie here.

Quoting HippiePotPie279:

She drugs her kid...you are judgemental....I'm a pothead. see? we all have our flaws...but we can still be nice:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:36 PM

how is that judgemental? she came to me trying to sell me on a medication for my child that A. Doesn't need it B. Isn't good for her (immediate side effects) C. Will cause her body to produce less and less natural melatonin with prolonged use. So it could effect her the rest of her life.

Quoting HippiePotPie279:

HippiePotPie279
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

affect.

and it's judgemental because I say so. nananana boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.  

Quoting Anonymous:

how is that judgemental? she came to me trying to sell me on a medication for my child that A. Doesn't need it B. Isn't good for her (immediate side effects) C. Will cause her body to produce less and less natural melatonin with prolonged use. So it could effect her the rest of her life.

Quoting HippiePotPie279:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM
What side effects does melatonin have?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I'm basing my opinion on facts. Synthetic melatonin should be a last resort (first of medications for some) to sleep. She refused to hear anything and cut me off when I didn't agree. If me not liking the way she's choosing to parent HER child is judgemental, so be it. I didn't say anything about her or her dd. I was telling her why I won't be giving it to my dd. I do have an opinion about how she chooses to put her child to sleep and that's OK. I'm not telling her or condeming her for it. I just want to slap her. lol but wont.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's going to regret it later in life when her daughter builds a tolerance and can't even sleep on her own...but I agree with hippie here.

Quoting HippiePotPie279:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM

synthetic melatonin is known to cause aggression. It also lowers your bodies ability to produce natural melatonin with prolonged use of synthetic.

Quoting Anonymous:

What side effects does melatonin have?

Jalestra
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Give your kid marijuana, go to jail. Dope them unnecessarily with prescription drugs..that's ok.

Not that I want to give my kid marijuana or anything. I just honestly do not see the difference in doping your kid up unnecessarily and giving them marijuana or cocaine. Still abusive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)