Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my husband called the cops...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
We live in a good part of town, surrounded by great schools and amazing parks and part of the historic region of town. We found out a week ago that a neighbor is selling weed... which if they don't bother us we don't get involved, well tonight we were out in the yard and someone parks in the middle of the road and goes to the door to talk to the neighbor... there was an argument and my husband over heard about a possible drive by on the other side of town... he called the cops with the details... now i am scared of something happening here. We only have our lease a few more weeks and we were going to talk to the land lord about buying and now i am starting to pack our things and moving. Can the 911 operator give out who called them
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellawomen
by Summer on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Depends if you reported anonymously or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raindancerx
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:32 AM

No they cannot give that info out. They usually say they just got a call from a conserned person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
You turned your head and closed your eyes to crime. You are reaping what you sowed.

Quoting Anonymous:

We live in a good part of town, surrounded by great schools and amazing parks and part of the historic region of town. We found out a week ago that a neighbor is selling weed... which if they don't bother us we don't get involved, well tonight we were out in the yard and someone parks in the middle of the road and goes to the door to talk to the neighbor... there was an argument and my husband over heard about a possible drive by on the other side of town... he called the cops with the details... now i am scared of something happening here. We only have our lease a few more weeks and we were going to talk to the land lord about buying and now i am starting to pack our things and moving. Can the 911 operator give out who called them

Jentily
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

no they can not give out that information. Just go about your life as if you know nothing. Don't look over at them any more than you do .. don't talk to them if you normally dont. Just go about your life like you know nothing. 

Your husband did the right thing calling about the drive by 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I did training to become a 911 operator, but my typing skills were too slow. Anyways an operator isn't allowed to give out any information and I doubt those criminals will call and ask. Good for your husband for reporting those dirt bags.

There was a double homicide in my city (father was killed and so was his 3 month old son both shot in the head) the neighbors across the street knew all about it as I heard one of them talking candidly about so and so who was there and so and so who called the hit. I reported their asses. The murderes were caught recently too and we moved long before they were caught though.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Thy wont say who called. Just that a complaint was filed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I call bs...no one takes weed that serioud
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM
You can't call the cops on neighborhood rumors

Quoting Anonymous:

You turned your head and closed your eyes to crime. You are reaping what you sowed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Queen_Bree
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM

If anything comes of it and it goes to a court trial then yes, your husband would probably be called to testify...Sometimes it is best to mind your own business...

I live in a very nice well groomed neighborhood with beautiful lawns and parks and great schools. I mind my own business and I have never had any problems here. A neighbor of mine didnt mind her own business and was constantly being nosey as to what the neighbors were doing and she saw something she shouldn't have seen. Her boyfriend was shot inside of our beautiful gated community... There are good and bad people in all neighborhoods. Violence knows no bounds. I wish you the best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I wish this was bs then i wouldn't be to scared to go to bed or anything along those lines. I am sleeping in the kids room tonight to make sure no one can get in there if anything does happen

Quoting Anonymous:

I call bs...no one takes weed that serioud
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)