Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marriage

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:58 AM
  • 9 Replies
What is the reason to why you want to be or are married? I want to be married to my childs father but its not to have the wedding or just to say that I am married. I want to be married to him so that i feel like his not as a possession but his woman that will be there for him and him for me. Ya we are together but i feel as though he his still single for other women. He says he loves me and he used to say he wants to marry me but lately since we moved in with my brother last year, its like he doesnt want to anymore. My brother doesnt want to marry his girlfriend of 10 yrs because he says she will change and I think that has him scared. And today we went to do his taxes since we are single and when the guy asked if he wanted papers on information about next year say if we had another child or retirment etc. He took a long pause to say marriage. I dont know what to do about my feelings i have talked to him the last time he just said i love you and he fell asleep. It is starting to really hurt and I dont know how to deal with it. I just needed to vent. Thank you to who ever reads this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I don't know why I'm married. It was the biggest mistake I ever made besides quitting my job. If it weren't for my kids that is, so I can't fully say that something great didn't come out of a huge mistake.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

We had a bad time, where I felt I'd made a mistake, too... like the first person who replied...

But otherwise, we've had a terrific marriage.  Back then, he was going through a deep depression and he's turned back around and is even a BETTER husband now than he ever was before.

I'm married to him because... well, I love him.. I mean, really... I'm not just attracted to him.   I actually WANT him around me and with us.   I want to see him here for the kids every day... I want to provide a home of refuge for the kids, but ALSO for him.   I want him to "want" to come home.    I want to love him in spite of his faults... I want to unconditionally love him...    I desire to be that kind of woman... one who actually fulfills the title of "helpmate" as it's recorded in the bible...  Not just to be "christian" or to follow a "book"... but to please not only God... not only my husband... but also to please myself....

It's not a small thing for me to be married... I take it very seriously...

Which is funny because DH and I are both nutty and wierd... we are NOT very serious people.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I'm married to my wonderful dh because I am madly and passionately in love with him. I love being his wife and I want to share my life with him til the day I die.

I do know marriage isn't for everyone. It's a personal choice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-_-
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:21 AM
I married him for the sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:24 AM

wow...i feel like that is a lot of psycho-babble for marrying. lol. i'm just teasing a bit, but DH and I dated awhile....we loved each other, loved being together...so we got married. I was 19. been married almost 10yrs and I still love being with him and I still feel very in love with him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I want to marry him because I dearly love him, & he's an amazing father & friend. BUT I'm hesitant at the same time because there are a few qualities about him I'm trying to wrap my head around. I have never ever been attracted to men who smoke excessively. I can handle social smoking at a bar or a cigarette on occasion, but he smokes ALL THE TIME & lie to me about how much he smoked. He's also very nosy & has extreme trust issues. I have nothing to hide, but he called AT&T behind my back one day to make sure I had my XF on the block list still & when there was a technical glitch from AT&T's side, he thought it was I that removed the number. I was livid.
djg0622
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I got married because I love my husband and want to be with him forever. I told him the other day I got married so I would have someone to lift all the heavy stuff. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Legal privileges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SillySally83
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM

We got married, oh this is gonna sound bad, but we got married because we thought I was going to die (starvation from hyperthyroidism) and he said he wanted to have the only woman he has ever loved as his wife, even if its just for a little while. 

3 months later I went in and had my thyroid irradiated and I've been a lot better ever since, but it was touch and go there for a while. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)