Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

100 days of real food

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:19 AM
  • 5 Replies
Has anyone tried this website? its about a family who vowed to go 100 days without processed foods. they blog and post recipes on the website. I havent tried it, I dont have a lot of time right now, but these homemade pop tarts look yummy! My friend is doing it, she eliminated all processed foods and her kids love the homemade snacks and all. Have, or would, any of you try it?

Link for the poptarts:

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/05/30/recipe-whole-wheat-toaster-pastries-a-k-a-pop-tarts/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:20 AM
If I was a sahm it would be a possibility but with work plus commuting time it would be a no way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

i love her blog...well mostly. 

i didn't like the homemade poptarts..way too much work for what is still essentially a poptart. 

tomorrow's menu includes her crockpot rotisserie chicken. easier than fast food and soo delish!

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I wouldn't make pop tarts but for the most part I don't buy processed food. I basically shop the outer perimeter of the grocery store with most of my purchases being in the produce dept. I do delve into the shelves to buy cereal & coffee for my husband and spices. But that's about it. It's really easy and so much healthier for you.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM

I did it even when I was working. You learn to becomem nvery creative with your crock pot. I also love my steamer for my fresh veggies. I can layer a meal in my crock pot and all I have to do when i get home from work is make a salad. I have a nice fesh home cooked healthy meal for my family and i didn't have to resort to buying anything processed. When you get the hang of it it really doesn't take any more time than whatever it is you do with the processed food, and it's also cheaper.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

If I was a sahm it would be a possibility but with work plus commuting time it would be a no way.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM
The other problem is dh doesn't like anything. He won't eat many veggies or fruits. And if it isn't microwavable he doesn't think its food pretty much.

Quoting wooly:

I did it even when I was working. You learn to becomem nvery creative with your crock pot. I also love my steamer for my fresh veggies. I can layer a meal in my crock pot and all I have to do when i get home from work is make a salad. I have a nice fesh home cooked healthy meal for my family and i didn't have to resort to buying anything processed. When you get the hang of it it really doesn't take any more time than whatever it is you do with the processed food, and it's also cheaper.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)