Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Traditional/Oldfashioned" Gender Roles

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM
  • 306 Replies
2 moms liked this

Do you believe in them?

Do you live your life by them?

How important is it to you to live this way?

If you found yourself in a relationship that was "New age/Non Traditional" how would you feel?

By this I mean the old school, forties style home where the wife stays home and raises the kids while the husband works or even the somewhat newer Husband is the major breadwinner but wife works part time to supplement. Baisically anything that puts the man as the money maker and the woman as the homemaker as their main focus.

Wow I am featured.  Was not expecting that!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:35 AM
15 moms liked this

If you have read any of my recent replies to some of the marriage and gay rights posts, you probably already know... LOL!

I'm very traditional.  Because of our religious beliefs...  However, I also believe the wife is to be the helpmate... in Proverbs where it describes the virtuous woman, it mentions that she considers a field and purchases it with her own funds and then plants a vineyard and harvests it...   so I don't believe the woman needs to be completely helpless and incomeless. .. so not QUITE the 40's style.. maybe even OLDER fashioned than that.

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM
3 moms liked this

I am going back to school my "hersbend" (lesbian hubby) will go to work and while I would go out and get a job she knows how much I want my Masters so kinda a mix I guess

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:39 AM
28 moms liked this

I believe the man should have to kill the big bug or the mouse.  

unsuspected
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 AM
19 moms liked this
If I woke up tommorow in the 50's I'd be good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Hersband? Thats a new one for me lol. Its cute. What kind of masters are you getting?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I am going back to school my "hersbend" (lesbian hubby) will go to work and while I would go out and get a job she knows how much I want my Masters so kinda a mix I guess

Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you believe in them?  Yes

Do you live your life by them? Yes

How important is it to you to live this way?  Pretty important

If you found yourself in a relationship that was "New age/Non Traditional" how would you feel?  I would be somewhat uncomfortable and I doubt I would stay in it for very long.

CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Not the mouse! Mice are cute! No seriously I dont know why people are scared of them....bugs I understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe the man should have to kill the big bug or the mouse.  

lendales_mommi
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Not traditional at all... The world is changing every day and we need to change with it. I make more money so I work.He stays at home and cleans the house very well. I myself could never be a stay at home mom and would probably go nuts if I had to barefoot and pregnant for the rest of my life LOL

CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 AM

But what if you were in the 50s and woke up in 2013? What would you do? How would you feel? 

Quoting unsuspected:

If I woke up tommorow in the 50's I'd be good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I definitely think they exist. I think a lot of people fight it, though. I used to be one of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured