Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you live in an apartment building in a city, or house in the suburbs? Edit another question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies

Do you live in the city. Like literally next to apartment buildings or stores? Where ever you live, would you rather the opposite? I heard of families trading homes is this real?

Do you think living in the city HELPS your children mature quickly? The things my dd hears and sees just puts in perspective how many children grow up never seeing a real homeless person, drugs out so openly, and adults acting like children and sleeping with half the neighborhood and getting into fist fights.is it a negative or a positive? I had to beat society to the punch to explain to dd the dangers of unprotected sex and drugs and just plain explain to her the "birds and the bees" before it was her time. I've heard that children in the country get bored more easily and turn to drugs or illegal activity for fun. Is this true?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:10 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:10 AM

BUMP!

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Neither really. A house in the country. We have neidhbors but its not like a suburban setting really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:13 AM
I live in apartments across the street from the biggest mall here
Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:13 AM

We live in a house in the suburbs, a city of 131K, right next to a city of 3 million. It's how I grew up as well (but a different city/state).

After all the kids are gone, we plan for a condo in the city, where we can walk to anything we want.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Neither, I live in a house in the woods and I love it!

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:14 AM

We live in the suburbs in a housing addition. I would prefer to live further in the country. I would hate living in the city.

kiralyn
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 AM
House in the burbs. I wouldn't want to trade. I love where I live most of the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I live in a townhome about half a mile from downtown, but I'm in a smaller city - downtown isn't more than a long main street with a bunch of shops on it. 

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Suburbs. And yes people actually trade houses. I know alot of people do it when SxSW comes to Austin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured