Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Puking and choking 11 day old

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:07 AM
  • 25 Replies
My daughter is 11 days old... Well 12 now its a new day here... Sometimes not all the time shell choke or puke up formula... Took her to the pediatritician today they said she looked normal and everything was ok... He said if she dis it after everytime she ate to worry but because its only been twice today not to worry about it.. guess I'm just looking for advice from u ladies I'm scared to even drift off to sleep tonight even thou my moms up with her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:09 AM

God in heaven I thought you were posting that someone was doing this to a child...I have to make my damn heart slow down for a minute here...

SHe's choking?  Like she chokes when she's eating?  Or does she just gag when she's about to throw up?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:12 AM
She could be lactose sensitive.
bellawomen
by Summer on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 AM
How much are you feeding her? How fast is the flow of the nipple? Is she gaining weight? Is she having dirty diapers? It could be a reaction to the formula as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
girltryin12
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:20 AM
It's after she eats... She's eating about 2 ounces every 2-3 hours... She's been constipated but has had 1 good bowel movement a day the last 2 days... We've been putting karo syrup in some of her bottles to help loosen it... She has gained 8 ounces.... They put her on similac advance the blue can....the nipple is slow flow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
djg0622
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:32 AM
I used enfamil or gerber over similac. Found that my son got more constipated with the similac. I agree with making sure you have a slow flowing nipple. You might want to tip the bottle back some so it flows a lil slower.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Similac constipated my son as well. Have they considered evaluating her for reflux?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:00 AM

my oldest used to do that. he couldnt tolerate the regular formula.

SunshineBird
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Reflux? 

Ridingsolo
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Similac sensitive should help...maybe discuss baby zantac with your dr?  Too much spit up is not good.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Sounds like reflux
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN