Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My poor baby :-(

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:13 AM
  • 40 Replies
My 4 month old is so uncomfortable. She won't let me put her down and she is burning up. I took her temp and it was 103.4 but went down to 102.9 after about sitting with her sleeper off for about 20 mins. She is so hot and just keeps whining while she eats. Yes, before someone says anything I already called her after hours line. She has no other symptoms besides the fever and being clingy so unless she develops more symptoms or her temp shoots up to 105, she has to deal for right now. It just sucks knowing that she is just that uncomfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:25 AM
What all else could I do to help her feel a bit more comfortable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Anyone? Sorry there's not much drama in here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:35 AM
4 moms liked this

Can you get into a luke warm bath with her and then cool it down just a little more. the luke warm water will feel cold to her with her fever but,it may help it come down some more....scratch that for now unless her temp goes up more.

Strip her down to just a tshirt and diaper,maybe a light weight blanket draped over her,not wrapped around.

If she was older I'd say alternating tylenol and motrin but,she's so little I wouldn't without asking the after hours.

You could wipe her with a cool wash cloth,her neck and wrists will help.

At this age nursing as often as she wants if you are nursing is a good thing. Otherwise you just watch for now.

Hugs Momma...you are doing a great job!  I hope she feels better soon.

ABRAMSMAMI
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Put her in a baby tub with warm water and little by little put cold water in the tub to bring her temp down slowly but surely. Put cool Rags on the babies forehead. Light alcohol with water put on the bottom of the babies feet. Hispanic home remedies. Hope your baby feels better.

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:38 AM

You said she's fussing when she eats...can you take a flashlight and try to look at her throat? If it's red or you see white spots that would be a reason she is fussy. Can you get her in tomorrow to be seen? She's such a little one...which makes it harder. I remember when mine were so little and unhappy or feeling bad and I soooooo wished they could tell me what was wrong so I could understand. Hugs!

mamaclairbear
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Tylenol and cuddles.

im_2_xblessed
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM
If your comfortable take a lukewarm bath and lay her on your chest it will help. I used to do that with my girls to get their temp down...and it also comforts them. I hope your LO feels better a sick baby no matter what age is always hard to deal with.
humblemommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:44 AM
I hate when my baby is sick:(( I'm sorry mama. The Best thing is a Luke warm bath. I also wipe my daughter down with a wash cloth. The most important thing though is FLUIDS! Keep her hydrated! I hope she feels better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Yea I can get her in tomorrow if need be. Never thought of checking her throat. My mind doesn't like to work before 6 am.

She is sleeping now but I don't want to put her down bc that's when she wakes up screaming. I was able to get some Tylenol into her so hopefully it does it's trick

I just hate that this just came out of nowhere.

Quoting cjsix:

You said she's fussing when she eats...can you take a flashlight and try to look at her throat? If it's red or you see white spots that would be a reason she is fussy. Can you get her in tomorrow to be seen? She's such a little one...which makes it harder. I remember when mine were so little and unhappy or feeling bad and I soooooo wished they could tell me what was wrong so I could understand. Hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:29 AM

That's good that you can take her in if she needs to be.

Can you try laying down in your bed with her? If she stays snuggled next to you she may stay asleep or at least go back to sleep more easily.

My youngest is ten now but,I have dealt with many sore throats over time so I guess that's why I though of that being she's fussing while eating. You can also when she awake try feeling just under her jawline and near her ears to see if it is swollen...it would be her lymph nods. Also she could have an ear infection which may bother when she swollows and when she lays flat....hmmmm. Sorry,I don't want to worry you...the Momma in me is working overtime.....

Quoting deputygirls28:

Yea I can get her in tomorrow if need be. Never thought of checking her throat. My mind doesn't like to work before 6 am.

She is sleeping now but I don't want to put her down bc that's when she wakes up screaming. I was able to get some Tylenol into her so hopefully it does it's trick

I just hate that this just came out of nowhere.

Quoting cjsix:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)