Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a sec away from freaking out!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Ive been in the er with my very sick daughter for 4 hrs and we havent seen the doc. The worse part is her heart rate is very fast so i have been listening to the alarm go off for over 30 minutes. I think I'm going to lose my mind!!! Ive barely slept for a couple days now because weve all been sick.... I hope i can last this with going insane!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pink.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Go look at the monitor, find the silence alarm button and press it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofqtees
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Man I am so sorry.  Maybe you could find a nurse and ask them to turn the alarm off.  I hope you all get better. 

DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:28 AM

Right, flip because there is a patient with an EMERGENCY that is taking the docs away from your sick daughter....

RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Bump...how she feels better. How old is she? When my now-17 month old dd was 6 months old, I spent the night in the er with her because she had a fever, cough and was breathing funny. They told me she had RSV and released her about 6 am. Around 10 am, she was doing a breathing treatment on the nebulizer and literally passed out. Told the paramedic to take us to the children's hospital in Chattanooga, TN (about 30 minutes away from our house in Georgia). They said they were just taking her to the regular er. We spent hours there just to be transferred to the children's hospital in Chattanooga. Where she spent 3 days before she ear breathing correctly. They should have just listened to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chas1217
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:32 AM

This. Good luck momma, hope a dr gets in there and helps your dd start feeling better soon!

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Go look at the monitor, find the silence alarm button and press it.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:33 AM
What is her heart rate and how old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:34 AM
The dr just came in, he thinks she has a bowel condition where it becomes so inflamed it folds into itself. She is fevering, vomiting, and has severe abdomen pain. I heard the nurse triage a couple of people before us and they were headache and coughs... I'd say dd took priority. I'm not mad at the staff though, I'm exhausted, worried, and i have nothing to do but rub dd's back and listen to the alarm continuously go off! Ugh! I checked and i didnt see a silence button!

Quoting DieselsMom:

Right, flip because there is a patient with an EMERGENCY that is taking the docs away from your sick daughter....

chas1217
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Kind of harsh. Her daughter being very sick is an emergency to her, and depending on what's wrong with her could be more urgent than whatever the dr is doing/dealing with.

Quoting DieselsMom:

krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:34 AM
I hope she feels better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 AM
The triage nurse finally got us back when dd cried out in agony and vomited everywhere...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN