Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Light Pink bleeding 5 weeks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I phone the doctor yesterday told me not to come in unless its bright red and heavy. I'm just wondering has anyone had light, pink bleeding in early pregnancy?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I bled a lot with my 2nd daughter for basically the whole first trimester. Not consistently, but every couple of days I would bleed for a day or so. She's perfectly healthy and 2 1/2 years old now. As long as it's not heavy bleeding or bright red and crampy, I wouldn't worry too much. I had some bleeding in the beginning with this one as well, just for about 3 days though.

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Yes. Just a bit of spotting right around 5 weeks. Dr said it was implantation bleeding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I have no cramps at all which I thought wasn't normal at first because of the whole growinfg uterus thing I had with every other pregnancy from the start, feel totally normal and so far have been bleeding for about 12 hours. I'm a little freaked out.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I bled a lot with my 2nd daughter for basically the whole first trimester. Not consistently, but every couple of days I would bleed for a day or so. She's perfectly healthy and 2 1/2 years old now. As long as it's not heavy bleeding or bright red and crampy, I wouldn't worry too much. I had some bleeding in the beginning with this one as well, just for about 3 days though.

debbie26
by Debbie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I bled a lot with my DD bright red (for about 2 weeks)and was on bed rest for 2 1/2 weeks and shes fine a normal 7yr old who drives me crazy but i love her....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:26 AM

I would call this more then spotting but not enough to be very worried KWIM

Quoting JakesMom712:

Yes. Just a bit of spotting right around 5 weeks. Dr said it was implantation bleeding

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Just try and keep calm.. I know, easier said than done. When I saw blood this time, it was a lot at first and bright red. I bled for pretty much the whole day too, though it slowed down. I wasn't crampy either except for the first couple of weeks, but this is my 3rd pregnancy too, so I dunno. I know my first one was crampy... Bleeding actually is pretty common in the first trimester, something they don't really tell you lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no cramps at all which I thought wasn't normal at first because of the whole growinfg uterus thing I had with every other pregnancy from the start, feel totally normal and so far have been bleeding for about 12 hours. I'm a little freaked out.

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:28 AM

I did with my son. It lasted about 3 days and the cramps were terrible. Everything turned out just fine with him, thankfully.

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:45 AM
My cousin bled her entire pregnancy. She has a healthy 1 yr old.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would call this more then spotting but not enough to be very worried KWIM

Quoting JakesMom712:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I started out with light pink spotting, then started bleeding and it was bright red.  I went to the ER thinking I was miscarrying (I was high-risk), but everything was fine.  They called it a threatened miscarriage and I was put on modified bed rest (could only get up to get something to eat, go to the bathroom, and shower) and on pelvic rest (nothing in vagina) until the bleeding had stopped for at least 7 days.

My son is now a happy, healthy 6 yr. old.  It's stressful and scary to go through.  Positive thoughts coming your way.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)