Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it's pretty sad

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:22 AM
  • 30 Replies
That I can't wait to have this baby so I can get a little vacation in the hospital.
It's like no matter how positive you try to be, something has to pull you down. My boyfriend is the most hard working man I've ever met. He wakes up each day with a smile on his face. He hasn't ever been late to his job and he's gone thru any and all sicknesses. But he's probably about to get fired. He's our only income currently as I'm 36 weeks pregnant. He made a mistake at work trying to help someone out and he's waiting on his fate from the high boss. Cable is cut off (I know, no big deal) but it just adds to the mess. My 5yo just woke me up because she's been throwing up. The damn irs has no info on our tax return. It's like there is no rainbow in sight and I don't know how much more I can handle. I spent all of yesterday crying for my boyfriend because my heart just breaks for him. This sucks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Are you a student and that's why they have no info? Students are being held up for an extra amount of time. Things always get better no matter how down you get.

pristine729
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Hang in there! I doubt he'll get fired. But you were vague about what happened. One doesn't usually get fired for helping.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:30 AM
No I'm not. I don't know why I don't have info on it because I filed the 30th. I really felt like things were getting better. We had a lot going on with our car and we fixed it over the weekend for less than 50 bucks (we thought it'd be 400ish) but him losing his job just takes away any excitement I've had.
I'm not exaggerating when I say this man wakes up every damn day and has a smile on his face. He works outside and it could be a severe thunderstorm he has to work thru and he's still smiling. He never breaks the rules no matter if everyone around him is. He doesn't even take lunch half the days he's at work because he would rather help someone out. But the big boss doesn't see that because well, hes hardly there because he's rich. The only hope we have of him keeping his job is his co-workers and his boss all putting in good word's for my boyfriend. But what he did was against company policy and is automatic termination.

Quoting EvilAsh:

Are you a student and that's why they have no info? Students are being held up for an extra amount of time. Things always get better no matter how down you get.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:32 AM
I think he will :-(
He talked to his boss and his boss said he'd do everything in his power to keep him, but it's not up to him it's up to the big guy.
He was helping someone out on the forklift and he said he put too many pallets on it. They fell and he broke the window out on the forklift. Because he put too much on, it is his fault. He offered to pay for the window but I don't think they'll accept that because nobody up high knows how hard he works.

Quoting pristine729:

Hang in there! I doubt he'll get fired. But you were vague about what happened. One doesn't usually get fired for helping.
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Bosses never seem to care about the good, unfortunately. My husband got hurt at work a couple of years ago and he was out of work for a few months. He sprained his knee and tore ligaments, God knows what else. But at the time he was managing a rent a center store, he had to lift and move furniture. The guy he was carrying a washing machine with let it drop while going up some stairs and it fell on his leg. He lost his job while being out of work, they told him he had been replaced and good luck... It sucked at the time because all we had was his short term disability money, but it was really a blessing in disguise. He got a better job that he actually likes now and it's a lot more reliable. This also happened just a matter of months after losing everything in a fire, so we had like literally NOTHING except our lives at the time. Gotta get kicked down to your lowest point sometimes before things look up.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

No I'm not. I don't know why I don't have info on it because I filed the 30th. I really felt like things were getting better. We had a lot going on with our car and we fixed it over the weekend for less than 50 bucks (we thought it'd be 400ish) but him losing his job just takes away any excitement I've had.
I'm not exaggerating when I say this man wakes up every damn day and has a smile on his face. He works outside and it could be a severe thunderstorm he has to work thru and he's still smiling. He never breaks the rules no matter if everyone around him is. He doesn't even take lunch half the days he's at work because he would rather help someone out. But the big boss doesn't see that because well, hes hardly there because he's rich. The only hope we have of him keeping his job is his co-workers and his boss all putting in good word's for my boyfriend. But what he did was against company policy and is automatic termination.

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Unfortunately it is a fireable offense. where I work a man wad just smashed for doing the same thing. Overloading the forklift. Nasty mess.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

He talked to his boss and his boss said he'd do everything in his power to keep him, but it's not up to him it's up to the big guy.

He was helping someone out on the forklift and he said he put too many pallets on it. They fell and he broke the window out on the forklift. Because he put too much on, it is his fault. He offered to pay for the window but I don't think they'll accept that because nobody up high knows how hard he works.

Quoting pristine729:

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Keep your chin up. It is never as bad or as good as it seems in the moment, remember that. This too shall pass my dear
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Wow, that's awful.

That's the only thing that is keeping me going is that there has to be something better for him. His job has no opportunity to move up so he'd be making next to nothing the whole time he was there. I told him that if it was bad karma or god trying to punish us for something it would have happened a few months ago. Not now when we have taxes to fall back on (if I ever get an approval lol). I don't care that he lost his job. I know he busted his ass everyday there. I just hurt so bad for him. I hate seeing his feelings hurt and him being down on himself. When he got home yesterday he just looked at me and cried and it hurts my heart for him.

Quoting EvilAsh:

Bosses never seem to care about the good, unfortunately. My husband got hurt at work a couple of years ago and he was out of work for a few months. He sprained his knee and tore ligaments, God knows what else. But at the time he was managing a rent a center store, he had to lift and move furniture. The guy he was carrying a washing machine with let it drop while going up some stairs and it fell on his leg. He lost his job while being out of work, they told him he had been replaced and good luck... It sucked at the time because all we had was his short term disability money, but it was really a blessing in disguise. He got a better job that he actually likes now and it's a lot more reliable. This also happened just a matter of months after losing everything in a fire, so we had like literally NOTHING except our lives at the time. Gotta get kicked down to your lowest point sometimes before things look up.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting EvilAsh:

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:42 AM
I know. And he's a play by the rules kind of person. He knows how important his job is. He just hopped in to help out even though he knew it was too full.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately it is a fireable offense. where I work a man wad just smashed for doing the same thing. Overloading the forklift. Nasty mess.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting pristine729:

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Yeah, that's rough. Maybe he should start looking for a new job regardless? I'm feeling the same way about taxes though. I'm a student and getting held up because of that.. frustrating. It sucks being in a job that you have no potential for anything higher too. My husband loves where he is now, it's a huge factory and he's learning every aspect of the job because when a management position opens, he's applying for it. He's managed a few places before and really likes this place, so I think it'd be good for him.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Wow, that's awful.

That's the only thing that is keeping me going is that there has to be something better for him. His job has no opportunity to move up so he'd be making next to nothing the whole time he was there. I told him that if it was bad karma or god trying to punish us for something it would have happened a few months ago. Not now when we have taxes to fall back on (if I ever get an approval lol). I don't care that he lost his job. I know he busted his ass everyday there. I just hurt so bad for him. I hate seeing his feelings hurt and him being down on himself. When he got home yesterday he just looked at me and cried and it hurts my heart for him.

Quoting EvilAsh:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)