Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He spends at least two nights a week here!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My nephew that is :) He is 2.5. My sister and I are only 10 months apart and are very close. We actually live only about two min. From each other. We talk on the phone and see each other several times a day most days. Therefore our children are very close as well. We treat each others children like our own. So my nephew Xander is now the baby of the family at 2.5. He has learned how to find my picture in my sisters phone and call me to ask if I will come and get him. Its so stinking cute! I have five kids and she has three and they are always spending the night with each other. Are you that close to your siblings and nieces/nephews? Would you be ok with your kids staying with your siblings so often?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Bump
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I don't have siblings, so no. We are not close to my husband's. They're pretty much all losers and want nada to do with them.

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I am close with my sister but she lives in a different state. Her kids are 16& 18 and mine are 3& 5. When she was living here recently my niece would babysit though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I would be lost without my sister :) at first our husbands had a hard time with us spending so much time together but now they are used to it

Quoting EvilAsh:

I don't have siblings, so no. We are not close to my husband's. They're pretty much all losers and want nada to do with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids are 15,12,10,8 and 5. Hers are 13,4, and 2. We have lived in different states before but didn't like it so finally bought these houses about 5 years ago so we will always be close :)

Quoting sam12796:

I am close with my sister but she lives in a different state. Her kids are 16& 18 and mine are 3& 5. When she was living here recently my niece would babysit though.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:47 AM

No my sister and her husband are both legally and clinically insane and don't like taking their medicine. My niece is a complete and utter asshole and she's only 2. They ignore her, don't clean, don't feed her, ignore her, yell and scream at her. We keep her as much as possible, but I work full time and my mother "just can't handle her". It sucks.

sampson200
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM

My little sisters are twins.

I live a few hours away from them, but they live down the street from each other in our hometown.

We are VERY very close. And my kids love seeing their aunts whenever we visit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:49 AM
I'm very close to my sisters, we are spread out with one in VA and one in Az. Me and the youngest live about an hour swagman We talk on the phone daily and its kinda chaos with the 4 of us.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:49 AM

That is great to hear. My kids are 12 months apart in age and I hope they remain close as they get older.

My sister lives several states away and truthfully, I wouldn't want them spending a lot of time at her house because she is a little neurotic. They would stress her out after a few days. She has a 3 year old that I wish I was closer to though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Did you seriously call a 2 year old an asshole? There's an asshole here, but I don't think it's the kid.

Quoting s.osborne:

No my sister and her husband are both legally and clinically insane and don't like taking their medicine. My niece is a complete and utter asshole and she's only 2. They ignore her, don't clean, don't feed her, ignore her, yell and scream at her. We keep her as much as possible, but I work full time and my mother "just can't handle her". It sucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)