Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

that is it, i have had it.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 9 Replies
I have a bad sinus infection( atleast I think that's what it is). It's been two weeks and I'm way over it. I'm up all night with a bad cough. Last night I slept in the recliner just to get a little sleep, because It's a little better if I'm not laying flat. I've been taking mucinex sinus. What else is there that might actually work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Antibiotics...

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Drink lots of water to thin the mucus and use a humidifyervto keep moisture in the air and antibiotics
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Obviously a dr, and antibiotics hun...

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Garlic pills and Echinacea. If it's been going on for 2 weeks, I suggest seeing a doctor. Are you running a fever?

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:45 AM

If it is really bad I would say go to a doctor. My mom gets them so bad that she can't even see. Other than that I would think warm compresses on the face and maybe hot showers?

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:45 AM
A visit to the doctor.
Eagle293
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:47 AM
It's so hard for me to get to the dr. With my daycare I have a hard time working around the timing. Maybe I can tomorrow since my backup is available.

Quoting mommy_me:

Drink lots of water to thin the mucus and use a humidifyervto keep moisture in the air and antibiotics

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:49 AM
No fever. I know I should see the Dr but I have such a hard time scheduling time in to go. I can tomorrow though.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Garlic pills and Echinacea. If it's been going on for 2 weeks, I suggest seeing a doctor. Are you running a fever?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Then it probably isn't an infection but just a really bad head cold. Try the Garlic and Echinacea. That is what I take for sinus infections now instead of the antibiotics.

Quoting Eagle293:

No fever. I know I should see the Dr but I have such a hard time scheduling time in to go. I can tomorrow though.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured