Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No name babies- w/ added info

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 592 Replies
2 moms liked this
My sisters 34th birthday was the 2nd and my mom was telling the story about how they thought they were having a boy and had no girl names so for like a week after coming home my sister had no name- just "the baby".
It got me wondering how many of you or your children came home from the hospital without a name. This was 1979 either LA or MS hospital birth.
So ?

Holy cow this thing has taken off! Lol
Thanks ladies!

Edit: I also wanted to mention cause I hadn't really thought about it till this morning. That my mom had previously had a stillborn- a boy, so she was probably very nervous to name and form an attachment to a baby especially another boy.

Also: I cannot believe I've past 500 replies this is insane! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM
27 moms liked this

I think it's silly. Why not choose a boy name and girl name just in case? Sometimes the ultrasounds are wrong. We have always picked two names for our kids.

Pnukey
by Jenn on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't think that was legal, but I never really looked it up. We named our kids before coming home from the hospital.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this
No! Lol that's weird! We just named this baby I'm pregnant with at about 35wks and I was thinking how late it was to agree on a name lol. I couldn't imagine leaving the hospital and still not having a name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM
6 moms liked this

I was under the ompression that they wouldnt let you leave the hospital unless the birth certificate was signed...was your sister born at home?

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't named for a week(the normal hospital stay back then after giving birth) , but they wouldn't let my parents leave until a name was picked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ratchetlee
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM
5 moms liked this

That's not true anymore....

Quoting shivasgirl:

I was under the ompression that they wouldnt let you leave the hospital unless the birth certificate was signed...was your sister born at home?

AleaKat
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree!
We had a girl and a boy name picked out by the time we had the ultrasound to find out what the sex was.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I think it's silly. Why not choose a boy name and girl name just in case? Sometimes the ultrasounds are wrong. We have always picked two names for our kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
No

Quoting shivasgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aludaru
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM

My best friends are twins. I don't know if their parents didn't realize they were having twins, or if they just didn't have a second name picked out, or what. But they named one twin in the hospital and the other they just called "Baby B" for the first 2-3 weeks until they settled on a name for her.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Same here. We're debating still on boy names, but our girl name is picked. Even after the ultrasound with our 2nd daughter, we picked a boy name just in case.

Quoting AleaKat:

I agree!
We had a girl and a boy name picked out by the time we had the ultrasound to find out what the sex was.

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)