Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No name babies- w/ added info

Posted by   + Show Post
My sisters 34th birthday was the 2nd and my mom was telling the story about how they thought they were having a boy and had no girl names so for like a week after coming home my sister had no name- just "the baby".
It got me wondering how many of you or your children came home from the hospital without a name. This was 1979 either LA or MS hospital birth.
So ?

Holy cow this thing has taken off! Lol
Thanks ladies!

Edit: I also wanted to mention cause I hadn't really thought about it till this morning. That my mom had previously had a stillborn- a boy, so she was probably very nervous to name and form an attachment to a baby especially another boy.

Also: I cannot believe I've past 500 replies this is insane! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (591-592):
Raveyk
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM

A girl I work with did this recently so I doubt that it's illigal. she didn;t name the baby for rorever! Said they were" going to let the baby choose his own name"

Prekmusic
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Actually,

now that I think about it my sister in law's mother was mentally ill and didnt give her children any names so the hospital listed them as girl number 1, boy number 1, ect. Not until they went into foster care were they given a proper name and when they had reached legal age they had to change their birth certificates

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN