Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shouldn't BM have picked different day to get married?? ***ETA in RED*** (for the morons who answer without reading!!!!) Added poll too

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is what is good for the goose good for the gander?

Options:

BF should tell BM too bad so sad, should have scheduled the wedding on one of HER weekends

Hey, she can act whatever way she wants, she is BM! BF needs to suck it up and deal

BM may be being an ass but it's up to BF to be the bigger person or he's to blame

Let me take the time to read the actual post thoroughly and I might have a different answer....

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 242

View Results

Ok seriously, I think the answers are going to be biased towards BM but here goes anyway.

1. DH just had a MANDATORY TRAINING trip for his JOB that he was not in charge of scheduling that fell on his weekend with SS.

2. When he asked BM to let him see SS the weekend right before or the weekend right after BM said no and when presented on here everyone said it was DH's own fault he was missing the visit and why should BM say yes to the weekends before or after just to accomodate DH.

OK! Well now BM is getting married on DH's weekend to have SS!!!

SHOULD Dad say too bad, you should have scheduled it for a weekend you had him Mom?

Mandatory job training = too bad Dad, should have told boss no or picked a different job.

WHAT IF it were DH getting married on BMs weekend? Too bad Dad, should have scheduled it for a weekend you had SS?

**ETA...DH is NOT going to keep SS from BM's wedding. And for the rest of you DIMWITS I THE SM don't care WHAT DH decides, yes or no. NOT MY KID, NOT MY PROBLEM. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting brebugmom91:

Too bad should have picked a different day to get married. I'm a bitch like that though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I think that a lot of times that you don't pick the date the hall/or whatever does.  She should have tried to accomodate but didn't is it really worth messing up her wedding day?  How old is SS?  He might want to be at his moms wedding, I think he should be the deciding factor in this...

ATALHEA
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
This is rediculous. When did parents decide it was ok to be selfish and stop thinking about the best interest of the child? Switch weekends! Yes BM should have switched weekends and I would genly remind her of that when you tell her it is ok to switch weekends to accomadate her wedding. Talk it out and act like grown ups!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Kids are not ammunition.  They deserve to be present as often as possible in both parents' lives.  Let the kid see his mom get married.

prdmama1154
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this
I would let the kid go but i would definitely give her shit. A lot of it.
I just don't want the child to be a pawn.
Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Too bad for her...she couldn't accommodate your dh he shouldn't have to accommodate her.
proudmommy03457
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I would tell her that it is bf weekend to have him that if she wanted him that weekend she should have let bf have him the weekend before his training. That would have been kinda like temporarily swapping a weekend to accommodate each other.
Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I find it sad and pathetic that a child is being used as a pawn for adult selfishness and stupidty.

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Honestly I would take the higher road on it and let the child go to the wedding. He did the right thing by asking for the weekend before, or after so he didn't miss his weekend visit. He sounds like a good dad that actually wants his son in his life. Don't cause an even bigger argument with the mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I am so glad my ex and I don't have this problem...he can have the kids every weekend if he wants or even in the evenings during the week. We share our kids and would work it out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)