Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shouldn't BM have picked different day to get married?? ***ETA in RED*** (for the morons who answer without reading!!!!) Added poll too

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is what is good for the goose good for the gander?

Options:

BF should tell BM too bad so sad, should have scheduled the wedding on one of HER weekends

Hey, she can act whatever way she wants, she is BM! BF needs to suck it up and deal

BM may be being an ass but it's up to BF to be the bigger person or he's to blame

Let me take the time to read the actual post thoroughly and I might have a different answer....

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 242

View Results

Ok seriously, I think the answers are going to be biased towards BM but here goes anyway.

1. DH just had a MANDATORY TRAINING trip for his JOB that he was not in charge of scheduling that fell on his weekend with SS.

2. When he asked BM to let him see SS the weekend right before or the weekend right after BM said no and when presented on here everyone said it was DH's own fault he was missing the visit and why should BM say yes to the weekends before or after just to accomodate DH.

OK! Well now BM is getting married on DH's weekend to have SS!!!

SHOULD Dad say too bad, you should have scheduled it for a weekend you had him Mom?

Mandatory job training = too bad Dad, should have told boss no or picked a different job.

WHAT IF it were DH getting married on BMs weekend? Too bad Dad, should have scheduled it for a weekend you had SS?

**ETA...DH is NOT going to keep SS from BM's wedding. And for the rest of you DIMWITS I THE SM don't care WHAT DH decides, yes or no. NOT MY KID, NOT MY PROBLEM. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell her no. She can read a calendar. I wouldnt have started off with this answer and I think normally you need to be flexible but if she's going to be stupid and uncompromising then I would be to. Now if she wanted to be an adult parents and rethink the job weekend then I'd do the same with her wedding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1234abcd4321
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM

i think i'd tell her 'too bad' and then a few days before the wedding give in. just to fuck with her a little  :)  make sure you have a suit or something for him to wear though.. since you'll be giving her such little notice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM
And when BM does it just ignore and deal, be the bigger person and let her go.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

Well, use the child as a weapon, of course!  It is okay to hurt the child as long as it also really hurts BM.

Quoting Anonymous:

But she didn't...soooooo?

Quoting hddcooper:

I think when people act like assholes in situations like this, it's only the child who gets harmed. Honestly, I think BM should have accomidated the father in the previous situation and he should accomidate her now.

Kennadismom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM
He should say absolutely not its his weekend. Yes its spiteful and immature but of she's not willingto be accommodating when things come up why should he
bnsellis
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I agree that BM was wrong to be that way before but I don't think that BF should stoop to her level. He should be the bigger person and set a good example for his son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Yes it really must suck when your mother uses you as a tool to hurt your father

Quoting danandsamsmom:

Unfortunately, the poor kid ends up being a pawn in the parents fucked up games.  Frankly, I don't care about either of the parents.  I care about the kids.

Fortunately, I am not a step-child, I don't have step-children, and my children are not step children. It must be miserable to be the weapon of choice between your parents. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And avoiding the question, hmmm, let me guess, still too bad for biodad??

Quoting Anonymous:

Very immature adults. Poor kid

Mamasita71
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I always say & do treat others the way I want to be treated. When that doesn't work; I treat them how they've treated me. That said...broad (oops i meant BM) needs to pick a day when it's HER time. Your DH shouldn't have to give up his time for her especially since she has been so stringent when the shoe was on the other foot.
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Yes because that is the adult thing to do. If you don't think the kids grow up to see these games for what they are you are wrong. I don't have a good relationship to either of my parents because of how they tried to use me as a pawn. I may talk to them a few times a month and see them every 3-4 months at the most.

Quoting Anonymous:

And when BM does it just ignore and deal, be the bigger person and let her go.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

Well, use the child as a weapon, of course!  It is okay to hurt the child as long as it also really hurts BM.

Quoting Anonymous:

But she didn't...soooooo?

Quoting hddcooper:

I think when people act like assholes in situations like this, it's only the child who gets harmed. Honestly, I think BM should have accomidated the father in the previous situation and he should accomidate her now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Ah...BM continue your shitty ways and BF just deal with it.

BF be the bigger person so BM can benefit and hopefully realize.

Quoting bnsellis:

I agree that BM was wrong to be that way before but I don't think that BF should stoop to her level. He should be the bigger person and set a good example for his son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd say too bad for her. She knew when her scheduled weekend is. She should have scheduled her wedding on one of her weekends to avoid the conflict. Sounds like she's just looking for a fight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured