Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are on PA..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
How much do you generally spend on birthday parties? Including what you use in fs? I'm just curious. It seems to me a lot on PA that I know go overboard and my friends from middle class families just have small average parties
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Bump
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:57 AM
None of your business for 1 and 2 I only do friends and family and keep it,cheap
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Most people I know on PA don't go overboard. In fact, most of the time they barely do anything (it sucks, but you do what you have to). We don't spend much at all. Maybe $50 at most.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Oh defensive

Quoting mmtosam06:

None of your business for 1 and 2 I only do friends and family and keep it,cheap

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I don't know 30 bucks. I only get cake and ice cream we don't really do much for birthdays.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:58 AM

ummm - well, I'm not on PA but I generally don't go crazy on birthday parties with my own money. We had a big birthday party for my DD who turned 1. But generally my boys' birthday parties are pretty mild.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
We do family parties at home and let the kids invite a couple of friends for a sleepover. I might spend $100 total on the entire thing... Plus a gift.
Mabuka
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I'm not on PA and my dd's birthday is today. I spent $32 on snacks - chips, dip, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, pop and need to spent a few more $ because I'm going to make some sloppy joes, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mabuka
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Oh - her cake was $10 and the ice cream was 5-ish. I bought cheap decorations. Decorated the whole house with only 5 bucks.

Quoting Mabuka:

I'm not on PA and my dd's birthday is today. I spent $32 on snacks - chips, dip, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, pop and need to spent a few more $ because I'm going to make some sloppy joes, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Around $100. But like you, most of the people I know on pa spend way too much... Like huge cake, tubs of ice cream, tons of food, tons of candy, invite the whole neighborhood and their mama over, spend a shit ton on gifts they can't afford... It's ridiculous.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)